Also available on
To create timecard entries on a timesheet on the project's Timesheets tool to track the number of hours worked.
Timesheet entries are used to track employee time on projects. A timesheet entry can track where work is being performed, the number of hours each employee has worked, and whether or not those hours are billable.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- When you navigate to the Timesheets tool, the page automatically opens to the current date.
- Zero (0) hour entries are supported. This provides your team with the flexibility it needs to enter time off and per diem.
- Each entry is in-line editable from the Timesheets list page.
- You can add multiple line items for each employee entry on a timesheet.
- Clicking 'Bulk Time Entry' will apply changes to multiple workers on a timesheet.
- You can create Project and Company level custom reports on the Timesheets tool. See Create a Custom Project Report.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Create.
- Click New Daily Timesheet.
- In the 'Add Employees' window, select the checkbox next to the employees and crew members you want to create a timesheet for.
- To appear in this list, the person must be added to a Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a User Account in the Project Directory.
- Employees who are only entered in the Company Directory can be selected if the 'Can Company Employees be Tracked on all Projects?' setting is enabled. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- With the setting "Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects" enabled, you must have at least 'Read Only' permissions on the Company Directory tool to see all employees and workers.
- To select a crew, a crew must first be created in the Crews tool. See Create a Crew.
- Click Add.
- Click on Select Date. This shows the current date by default.
- Click Add Employees to include additional employees on the timesheet that were not selected in the Add Employees window.
- Click Bulk Time Entry to apply the same information to multiple workers on the Timesheet. See Bulk Enter Time Entry.
- Enter the following information:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Optional fields can be enabled/disabled in the Configure Settings. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Classification: Select the employee classification from the drop-down menu associated with the time entry.
- Sub Job: Enter or select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- *Cost Code: Enter or select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the log entry.
The selections that are available in the 'Cost Codes' drop-down list depend on how the 'Limiting Cost Codes by Cost Types' setting is configured in your Company level Timesheets tool. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets. In addition, one (1) of the following items must also be true on your project:
- Location: Select a location from the drop-down menu. This should correspond to the location where the user performed the work.
- *Start Time: Enter or select the time the user began working.
- *Stop Time: Enter or select the time the user stopped working.
Note: You will only see the Start and Stop fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. Select from the following options:
- The amount of time selected will be subtracted from the Total Time.
- This field will only be available if Start Time and Stop Time is enabled.
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Time Type: Select the type of pay being entered from the drop-down menu. Select from the following options:
Note: If you want to add custom time types and/or exclude time types for this list, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets for more information.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Description: Click to enter additional comments to the time entry.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
- Click Submit and Add Quantities to add the quantities to your timesheet.
Note: This button will be disabled if quantities have not been uploaded to your project. See Add Quantities to a Timesheet.
- Click Submit.
A banner will appear at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.