Also available on
To create timecard entries on a Timesheet to track the number of hours worked.
Timesheet entries are used to track employee time on projects. A timesheet entry can track where work is being performed, the number of hours each employee has worked, and whether or not those hours are billable.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- When you navigate to the Timesheets tool, the page automatically opens to the current date.
- Each entry is in-line editable from the Timesheets list page.
- You can add multiple line items for each employee entry on a timesheet.
- You can "Bulk Time Entry" to apply changes to multiple workers on a timesheet.
- You can create Project and Company level custom reports on the Timesheets tool. See Create a Custom Project Report for more information.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Create Daily Timesheet button in the right pane.
- In the Add Employees window, select the checkbox(es) next to your desired employee(s) and or crew member(s).
- To appear in this list, the person must be added to a Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a Person in the Project Directory.
- Employees who are only entered in the Company Directory can be selected if the setting "Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects" is enabled. See Track Employees To All Projects For Timesheets for more information.
- To select a crew, a crew must first be created in the Crews tool. For more information, see Create a Crew.
- Click Add.
This reveals the Timesheet timecard entries list.
- Choose your Select Date.
Note: The Select Date defaults to the current date.
- Click Add Employees to include additional employees on the timesheet that were not selected in the Add Employees window.
- Click Bulk Time Entry to apply the same information to multiple workers on the Timesheet. See Bulk Enter Time Entry for more information.
- Enter in the following information:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Optional fields can be enabled/disabled in the Configure Settings. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- *Cost Code: Enter or Select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the log entry.
Note: If you are a Company Admin, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Set Default Cost Types.
- Location: Select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- *Start Time: Enter or Select the time the user began working.
- *Stop Time: Enter or Select the time the user stopped working.
Note: You will only see the Start and Stop fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. Select from the following options:
- The amount of time selected will be subtracted from the Total Time.
- This field will only be available if Start Time and Stop Time is enabled.
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
Note: If you are a Company Timecard Admin, you can add custom time types and/or exclude time types in this list. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timecard for more information.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Description: Click to enter additional comments to the time entry.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
- Click Submit.
A banner will appear at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.