To create a new daily timesheet by copying an existing timesheet in the project's Timesheets tool.
When creating a new daily timesheet, you have the option to copy a previous timesheet. Copying a previous timesheet can save time on data entry, especially if your daily timesheet contains repetitive data entry for the same crew members.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Create.
- Click From Previous Timesheet.
- Choose the Select Date. This is the date you want the timesheet created for.
- Click Add Employees to include additional employees that were not selected on the previous timesheet.
- Click Bulk Time Entry to apply the same information to multiple workers on the Timesheet. See Bulk Enter Time Entry for more information.
- Change any of the following information if desired:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Any existing custom fields will also copy to new timesheet.
- Some fields can be configured as required, optional, or hidden. See Which fields in the Timesheets tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?
- Classification: Select from the drop-down menu the employee classification associated with the time entry. See Enable Classifications on a Project.
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- *Cost Code: Enter or Select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the time entry.
Note: If you are an admin on the Company Admin tool, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- Location: Select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- Time Entry
- Start and Stop Time Entry Method
If your company is configured to use this 'Time Entry' method, you'll see the following fields along with the project's default time values.
Note: You will only see the Start, Stop and Lunch fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Project Level Timesheets.
- *Start Time: Enter or Select the time the user began working.
- *Stop Time: Enter or Select the time the user stopped working.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. The amount of time you select is subtracted from the Total Time. Select from the following options:
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Total Hours Entry Method
If your company is using configured to use this 'Time Entry' method, enter the total number of hours worked in the Hours field.
- Start and Stop Time Entry Method
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
- Regular Time
- Double Time
Note: Time types are created in the Company level Timecard tool (see Add a Custom Time Type) and managed in the Company level Timesheets tool. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Description: Click to enter additional comments to the time entry.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
Note: If using the Start and Stop 'Time Entry' method, the new line's Start Time will account for time already entered, and the new line's Stop Time will reflect the default Stop Time in your settings. Any time entered after the default Stop Time will be added in one hour increments.
- Click Submit and Add Quantities if you would like to add quantities to your timesheet.
Note: This button will be disabled if quantities have not been uploaded in to your project. See Add Quantities to a Timesheet for more information.
- Click Submit. The timesheet is automatically copied over to the selected date.
A banner will appear at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.