Also available on
To add employees to an already created timesheet in the project's Timesheets tool.
Things to Consider
Required User Permission:
- To add employees to any timesheet, 'Admin' level permission on the project's Timesheets tool.
- To add employees to a timesheet that you created, 'Standard' level permission or higher on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Locate your desired timesheet.
- If a date is not selected, all timesheets will be listed.
- You can select a date range in order to see all timesheets for a certain time period.
- Click the vertical ellipsis (⋮) icon in the top right corner of the timesheet.
- Select Add Employees.
- In the Add Employees window, select the checkbox(es) next to your desired employee(s) and/or crew member(s).
- To appear in this list, the person must be added to a Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a Person in the Project Directory.
- Employees who are only entered in the Company Directory can be selected if the setting "Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects" is enabled. See Track Employees To All Projects For Timesheets for more information.
- To select a crew, a crew must first be created in the Crews tool. For more information, see Create a Crew.
- Click Add.
This reveals the Timesheet timecard entries list.
- Click Add Employees to include additional employees on the timesheet that were not selected in the Add Employees window.
- Click Bulk Edit to apply the same information to multiple workers on the Timesheet. See Bulk Enter Time Entry for more information.
- Enter the following information:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Optional fields can be enabled/disabled in the Configure Settings. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- *Cost Code: Enter or Select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the log entry.
Note: If you are an admin on the Company Admin tool, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Manage Time Tracking Settings.
- Location: Select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- *Start Time: Enter or Select the time the user began working.
- *Stop Time: Enter or Select the time the user stopped working.
Note: You will only see the Start and Stop fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. Select from the following options:
- The amount of time selected will be subtracted from the Total Time.
- This field will only be available if Start Time and Stop Time is enabled.
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
Note: If you are an admin on the Company Admin tool, you can add custom time types and/or exclude time types in this list. See Manage Time Tracking Settings for more information.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Description: Click to enter additional comments to the time entry.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
- Click Update.
A banner will appear at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.