To create a bid package using Procore's Bidding tool.
Procore's Bid Management Tool allows companies to distribute bid documents, manage bid lists, and invite bidders via email. Once invited, bidders can log in to Procore to retrieve bid documents and submit their bid.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Bidding tool.
- Make sure your project is in a stage of construction that allows bidding
- Unless you have created custom stages that allow bidding, only the default Bidding stage will allow your subs to respond to the bid package.
- For more information on how to change your project's stage of construction or to add a custom stage, see Change Your Project's Stage of Construction.
- Create a folder in your Documents tool for your bid documents and drawings (e.g. ‘Bid Documents’). Underneath this folder, you can create unlimited subfolders for each bid package and upload the relevant documents into each.
- Only folders and sub folders that have files in them will be available to download using the download link in the invitation email.
- To see how to create a folder using your Documents tool, see Create a Folder.
- Create a Bid Documents folder in the Documents tool (Note: See Prerequisites above).
- Navigate to your project's Bidding tool.
- Click the orange Create Bid Package button on the right.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Title: Give your bid package a title (e.g. Plumbing). This will show up on the Bidding tool’s list page and in the email that your subcontractors will receive.
- Number: Give your bid package a number. If you have existing bid packages, this field will populate with the next number in the sequence.
- Due Date/Time: Set the date and time when this bid will be due. If you receive authorization to extend the bid, you'll have to change the Bid Due Date to reflect this; otherwise, bidders may not be able to enter their amounts if they're attempting to enter their quotes after the initial bid due date
You may enable the option to allow bid submissions after the due date. This will appear on the invitation email your subcontractors will receive.
- Status: Select ‘Open’ if the bid package is still in progress. Select ‘Closed’ if the bid has been awarded and closed.
- Distribution: Add members to this list who will be notified when bids are submitted.
- Enable Blind Bidding: Check this box if you do not want to see any bid amounts or receive any notification emails when bids are placed until the due date. See What is blind bidding?
- Disable the Electronic Submission of Bids: Check this box for projects that do not allow subcontractors to submit bids electronically.
- Anticipated Award Date: Set an anticipated award date for the package. This date will display on the bid sheet.
- Bid Documents: Click Attach Files to attach folders to any of the following:
- Bid Drawings: In the module, select Drawings in the left pane. Then add any current or sets of drawing folders by selecting the check box next to the folder you want to attach.
- Specification Sets: In the module, select Specifications and mark the box next to the Specifications folders you want to attach. (Note: If the Specifications tool is enabled on the project, the selections in this menu are populated with the spec sections from that tool, and it will display as a link upon saving the bid package. If the Specifications tool is disabled on the project, the selections in this menu are populated with values from the project's Admin tool.)
- Bid Documents: In the module, select Documents and mark the box next to the folders you want to include in the bid package. The folder will appear in the invitation email your subcontractors will receive.
- Bid Sheet Accounting Method: Choose whether you would like to add the option to enable Non-Itemized bids, which changes bidding from the line item specific bidding to one lump sum.
- Countdown Emails: Enable daily countdown emails. These emails will go out the last few days before the bid is due to remind companies to bid.
- You can also set defaults for each these fields in the company admin tab to have them pre-populate each time you create a package.
- The bid instructions and invitation email text will appear under the Project Information and Instructions for Bidding section of the email.
- Set your pre-bid RFI information and your walkthrough preferences and walkthrough information.
- Pre-Bid RFI: Optional: Enable a pre-bid RFI deadline.
- Pre-Bid Walkthrough: Optional: Enable Pre-Bid Walkthrough to set a site walkthrough date, time, and notes.
- Click Create Bid Package.
Once you invite users to bid on your project, the information you filled out here will be sent via email to those users. The information will appear like this: