To invite users to bid on your bid package.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions in Procore's Bidding tool.
- Invite multiple bidders from a single screen. Use Procore’s search function to find bidders, and then mark the companies you want to include in the bid package with a single click.
- Once you send out a bid invitation to a company, anyone in that company that is on the Recipient List can log in to submit a bid, or the bid invitee can reply to the bid invite email with the bid amount. See Award a Winning Bid and Convert it into a Subcontract or Award a Winning Bid and Convert it into a Purchase Order for more information.
- Users can only see a bid that they are on the bid list for and have been invited to.
- For information on what appears in the invitation email, see Create a Bid Package.
- Assign a Trade and/or Cost Code to each company you would like to bid, and select the Default Bid Invitee under the Bidder Info tab in the company's Directory tool. See Set Bidder Information at the Company Level.
- Navigate to the project's Bidding tool.
- Click View next to the bid package you wish to invite bidders to bid on. You may also create a new bid package. For more information, see Create a Bid Package.
- Click the Bidders subtab.
- Click Add Bidders.
Search for and Add Bidders
- Locate bidders by searching for the company or vendor name in the search bar at the top of the page.
- If you would like to copy the bid list of another bid package, select the package you would like to copy from by clicking the drop-down menu under 'Use Previous Bidders'.
- You are only able to copy bid lists from 'Active' projects you have the required permissions on.
- This is a type of filter. You may search for bidders in the Bid List from the package "Concrete" with the Cost Code of "01-000 Purpose", with a trade, a keyword, and advanced options all at once to narrow your search.
- Locate bidders by filtering for Trades, Cost Codes, Jobsite Proximity, Country, State, Average Rating, or Labor Type. You may also click Additional Filters for more filters for your bidders including but not limited to, Small Business, Prevailing Wage, African American Business, Hispanic Business, Women's Business, Affirmative Action, Asian American Business, Native American Business, Certified Business Enterprise, Authorized Bidder, Prequalified, etc.
Note: Click 'Clear All' at the top of the Filters sidebar to remove all filters or click 'Clear' to remove an individual filter.
- Check the box next to each company that you would like to invite to bid, or click the top box to select all companies.
Note: Bidders that are already on your package's bid list will show as already marked in the Companies list.
- Once you select the bidder(s), they will show up under the Selected Bidders section on the right side of the page. As you select more companies, Procore keeps track of them as you navigate through other keyword/cost code/trade/etc. searches.
- If you would like to add a company and bidding contact that is not currently in the Company Directory, a project Directory Admin can add a company and contact directly from the bid package. See Add New Companies and Contacts to the Company Directory from the Bidding Tool.
- When you are done searching, click Add Bidders at the bottom of the page.
Note: You can always come back to your bid list and add more, but you will need to add your selections to your bid list for Procore to save your progress.
- When you are ready to send bid invitations, navigate to your bid package's Bidders subtab (you will be automatically directed to this page once you click Add Bidders). If you have any outstanding bid invitations, you will see a blue banner that will prompt you to send the bid invitations all at once.
- Click Send Invitations.
- This will take you to the 'Invite Bidders' page where you can assign each company a cost code and designate to whom the bid invitation will go. You may also deselect users from receiving an invitation from this page.
- You can only add recipients that are associated with the company in the Company Directory.
- If you have more than 50 bid invitations to send, clicking Send Invitations will take you to a page with the first 50 bidders, allowing you to set the contact for those companies 50 at a time. Click Send these 50 Invitations to send invitations to the bidders you have configured. After this, you will be taken to the next page of bidders. This process will continue until invitations have been sent to all of the bidders on your bid list. However, if you navigate away from the page, the options will disappear. In this case, you will have to go back to your bid list where the bidders you haven't send invitations to are maintained and send them from there.
- Click Send these invitations to distribute invitations to all contacts for the selected companies.
Note: Companies can set up multiple bid packages broken down by trade or project phase. Each bid package can have a separate set of bid documents, instructions, and set of bidders.
- You can come back at any time throughout your bidding stage to add more bidders to your bid packages.