To invite users to bid on your bid package.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions in Procore's Bidding tool.
- Invite multiple bidders from a single screen. Use Procore’s search function to find bidders, and then mark the companies you want to include in the bid package with a single click.
- Once you send out a bid invitation to a company, anyone in that company can log in to submit a bid, or the bid invitee can reply to the bid invite email with the bid amount. See Award a Winning Bid and Convert it into a Commitment for more information on this.
- For information on what appears in the invitation email, see the screenshot at the bottom of Create a Bid Package.
- Assign a Trade and/or Cost Code to each company you would like to bid, and select the Default Bid Invitee under the Bidder Info tab in the company's Directory tool. See Set Bidder Information at the Company Level for steps on how to accomplish this.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the project's Bidding tool.
- Click on the bid package you wish to invite bidders to bid on by clicking the blue View button to the left of the package. You may also create a new package. For information on how to create a new package, see Create a Bid Package.
- Click the orange Search for Bidders button on the right.
- Invite bidders by searching for Keywords, Cost Codes, or Trades. You may also click Advanced Options for more filters for your bidders including but not limited to, Small Business, African American Business, Hispanic Business, Women's Business, Affirmative Action, Union Member, Asian American Business, Native American Business, Certified Business Enterprise, etc.
- If you would like to copy the bid list of another bid package, select the package you would like to copy from by clicking the drop-down menu next to 'Copy Bid List From'. You are only able to copy bid lists from 'Active' projects.
(Note: This is a type of filter. You may search for bidders in the Bid List from the package "Concrete" with the Cost Code of "01-000 Purpose", with a trade, a keyword, and advanced options all at once to narrow your search.)
See the screenshot below.
- Click Search.
(Note: Clicking “Search” with no information entered will list all companies in the Company Level Directory.)
- Check the box next to each company that you would like to invite to bid, or click the top box to select all companies.
(Note: Bidders that are already on your package's bid list will show up as italicized in the search results, but they will not be selectable.)
- Once you select a bidder or bidders, a banner will appear at the top of your search. As you select more companies, Procore keeps track of them as you navigate through other keyword/cost code/trade/etc searches.
- When you are done searching, click the grey Add to Bid List button in the banner.
(Note: You can always come back to your bid list and add more, but you will need to add your selections in the banner to your bid list for Procore to save your progress.)
- When you are ready to send bid invitations, navigate to your bid package's Bid List subtab. If you have any outstanding bid invitations, you will see a yellow banner that will prompt you to send the bid invitations all at once.
- Click Send Now.
- This will take you to the 'Send Invites' page where you can assign each company a cost code and designate to whom the bid invitation will go. You may also deselect users from receiving an invitation from this page.
(Note: You can only add recipients from your project's Directory.)
(Note: If you have more than 50 bid invitations to send, clicking Send Now will take you to a page with the first 50 bidders, allowing you to set the contact for those companies 50 at a time. Click Send these 50 Invitations to send invitations to the bidders you have configured. After this, you will be taken to the next page of bidders. This process will continue until invitations have been sent to all of the bidders on your bid list. However, if you navigate away from the page, the options will disappear. In this case, you will have to go back to your bid list where the bidders you haven't send invitations to are maintained and send them from there.)
- Click Invite to distribute invitations to all contacts for the selected companies.
(Note: Companies can set up multiple bid packages broken down by trade or project phase. Each bid package can have a separate set of bid documents, instructions, and set of bidders.)
- You can come back at any time throughout your bidding stage to add more bidders to your bid packages.