To select the winning bid and convert it into a new subcontract that you can email to the subcontractor who was awarded the scope of work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on your project's Bidding and Commitments tool
- The Commitments tool needs to be turned on enabled in order to convert winning bids.
- To award a contract to the winning bid, the following must be true:
- The Bid Sheet must be past its Due Date/Time.
- At least one (1) bid must be submitted from an invited bidder (i.e., a subcontractor/vendor).
- If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool:
- The Convert to Contract button is supported.
- Important! To sync data with your integrated ERP system, you must set the cost code cost type (see Which integrated ERP systems support the 'Cost Type' concept?) on the subcontracts as follow:
- Integration by Procore. Use the default cost code cost type set up for Viewpoint® Spectrum® during the implementation process.
- Integration by Ryvit. Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default cost code cost type for Viewpoint® Vista™.
- QuickBooks®. The cost type for subcontracts should always be set to Other 'O'.
- Sage 100 Contractor®. Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default cost code cost type for the contract
- Sage 300 CRE®. Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default cost code cost type for the contract.
- Navigate to the project's Bidding tool.
- Locate your bid package.
- Click View.
- In the Bidders sub tab, locate the company with the winning bid.
- Click View.
- In the right sidebar, click Convert to Subcontract.
- The company with the winning bid is automatically added to the Project Directory in your company's Procore account. Individual users associated with the company are NOT automatically added to the Project Directory.
- If the conversion was successful, a banner appears to confirm it.
The system automatically redirects you to the project's Commitments tool and opens the new contract's General tab in view mode. The contract includes all of the appropriate information that was converted from the winning bid from the project's Bidding tool.
- In the General tab of the contract, click the Schedule of Values sub tab to see a breakdown of the scope of work.
- If you want to notify the company about the winning bid, click Email Contract.
This reveals the commitment's Emails tab.
- In the Emails tab, do the following:
- To. Select the names of the desired recipients.
- CC. Select the names of the people who should be carbon-copied on the email.
- Private. Mark the checkbox if you only want the recipients and users with 'Admin' level permission to the Commitments tool to see the email. This is the default setting.
- Attachments. Add one or more files to the email message. If appropriate to your situation, it is recommended that you always add your company's official contract form as an attachment.
- Message. Type the body of your email message. It is recommended that you always provide clear instructions to your recipients (i.e., subcontractors) with regards to how contracts and documents must be signed. Your message should also include a reminder to return the signed contract, which can conveniently be added as an attachment in their email response.
Note: The email message will automatically include the contract details.
- Click Send.
The system sends the contract to the designated recipients.
All Viewpoint® and Spectrum® marks are owned by Viewpoint, Inc.
The Integration by Ryvit is the product of a partnership between Procore and Ryvit, a third-party developer. Viewpoint, Inc. is not affiliated with this connector. All Viewpoint® Vista™ marks and logos are owned by Viewpoint, Inc.