To configure the advanced settings for your project's Bidding tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Bidding tool.
- Additional Information:
- When you attach a folder that contains all of the bid documents, a zip file will be attached to the email that contains the contents of the folder.
- Navigate to the project's Bidding tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- The following settings are available to configure:
Bid Package Default Settings
For new bid packages in projects using Bid Management Enhanced Experience, the 'Default Bid Package Accounting Method' and 'Enable Non-Itemized Bidding by Default' settings are no longer available.
Instead of being restricted to one accounting method for an entire bid package, you have the flexibility to choose an accounting method for each line item in the 'Field Response Type' column on bid forms. For more information, see Bidding: Flexible Response Types.
- Click Bidding Configuration.
- Include Bid Docs in Bid Package Invitations by Default: Mark the checkbox if you want to include a link to zipped Bid Documents in bid package invitation emails.
- Enable Blind Bidding By Default: Mark the checkbox if you would like to enable blind bidding by default. (i.e. You do not want to see any bid amounts until the due date in order to protect against bid biases from affecting your decision process.)
- Default Bid Package Accounting Method: Set the accounting method for your project's bid packages. To learn more, see How do I set the accounting method for a contract or funding?
- Enable Non-Itemized Bidding By Default: Mark or clear the checkbox to enable Non-Itemized bids, which changes Bidding from the line item specific Bidding to one lump sum. Note : This option is only available if 'Amount Based' is selected as the accounting method.
- Accept Post Due Date Bid Submissions By Default: Mark the checkbox if you would like to allow users to submit bid submissions after the specified due date by default.
- Enable Bid Countdown Email Reminders By Default: Mark the checkbox if you would like Procore to send countdown email reminders each day to subcontractors who were invited to bid and have not yet submitted a bid. After you enable this setting, you can specify the number of days prior to the due date that reminder emails should be sent.
- Enable bidders to add additional line items to their Bid Sheets: Mark the checkbox to allow your bidders to add additional cost codes to their bid submission.
Note: This setting is not available in Bid Management Enhanced Experience.
- Click Update.
- Click Permissions Table.
- Set each user's permission for the Bidding tool according to your preferences.
- No Access
- For a list of what users can do at each permission level in Bidding, see the Permissions Matrix.
- In the example screenshot below, the user has 'Admin' level permissions.