The edit an existing RFI using the Project level RFIs tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level RFIs tool.
- Supported Platforms:
- Additional Information:
- If you have a unique situation that requires you to create an RFI with a duplicate number, you must first create the RFI with a unique number. Then use the Steps below to create the duplicate number. See Can I create an RFI with a duplicate number?
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
This reveals the RFIs page.
- Click the Items tab.
This reveals a list of RFIs for your project.
- Locate the desired RFI in the list.
- To search for or filter the list to locate a specific RFI, see Search for and Filter RFIs.
- You can only edit an RFI's question when the RFI is in the 'Open' status.
- You can edit other RFI fields when the RFI is in the 'Draft', 'Open', or 'Closed' status.
- You cannot edit RFIs that have been sent to the Recycle Bin. See Delete an RFI.
- Click View.
This opens the RFI in view mode.
- Click Edit.
This places the RFI in edit mode.
- Modify the fields as follows:
Number*. This is a required field when a user with 'Admin' level permission on the RFI tool creates an RFI in the Open status. It is NOT required when users with 'Standard' level permission create a Draft RFI (see What is a 'Draft' RFI?).
- If the RFI Prefix by Project Stage option is enabled, select a stage from the drop-down list (see How do I configure a prefix and starting number for a project's RFIs?).
- If the option is NOT enabled, Procore will simplay assign a number to the RFI in sequential order (see How does Procore assign numbers to RFIs?).
- To learn about the available options for RFI numbering, see What options do I have for numbering RFIs in Procore?
Subject*. Provide a descriptive title for the RFI. The RFI's subject is displayed as the RFI's title in the list view.
RFI Manager*. Select an RFI Manager from the drop-down list. See What is the RFI Manager role?
- By default, the name of designated RFI Manager appears here. See Designate the Default RFI Manager for a Project's RFIs.
- If you are a user with 'Admin' level permission on the RFIs tool, you may select yourself or another user with 'Admin' level permission from the list.
- If you are a user with 'Standard' level permission, this list only populates with the names of users who have 'Admin' level permission to the RFIs tool. You may only select another user with 'Admin' level permission from the list.
Distribution. Add users with 'Read-Only level permission or higher to the RFI's distribution list. Depending on the user's permission level, they can respond to the RFI using at least one of several methods. For details, see Respond to an RFI.
Assignees. This field is only visible and available to users with 'Admin' level permission. Assign responsibility for submitting a response to the RFI question to one or more project team members. To require a response, place a checkmark next to the desired assignee name. The first assignee will be listed as the Ball In Court for the RFI. The system sends an automated email notification to any new assignee(s) with the subject line, "You have been assigned to this RFI."
Due Date. This field is only visible and available to users with 'Admin' level permission. Select the date by which you require a response from the Assigned To person. By default, created RFIs are due within three (3) calendar days. However, a user with 'Admin' permissions on the RFI tool can customize the due date setting. See Configure Advanced Settings: RFIs.
Received From. Select the person from whom the RFI question was received from the drop-down list.
Responsible Contractor. This is automatically prefilled with the company associated with the person who is creating the RFI, as defined by the "Question Received From" field.
Drawing Number: You can manually input a drawing number into this field. However, the recommended process to associate an RFI to a drawing is to Link an RFI to a Drawing.
Spec Section. Select the relevant section from your spec book. See Where do the selections from the 'Spec Sections' drop-down list come from?
Location. Select the location pertaining the RFI from the drop-down list.
Note: If Procore is configured to allow users to create locations (see Allow or Disallow Users to Create Locations Within a Tool), you can click the Create a New Location button at the bottom of the list.
Schedule Impact. Select one of the following options from the drop-down list.
- Yes. Select this option if you know the number of days by which the schedule will be impacted. Then enter a number in the Days box to indicate the total number of calendar days.
- Yes (Unknown). Select this option if you know the schedule will be impacted, but the number of days is not know.
- No. Select this option if there is no impact to the schedule.
- TBD. Select this option if you have yet to determine if there is a schedule impact.
- N/A. Select this option if an impact to the schedule is not applicable to this RFI.
Cost Impact. Select one of the following options from the drop-down list.
- Yes. Select this option if you know the amount by which the cost will be impacted. Then enter a number in the $ box to indicate the cost impact.
- Yes (Unknown). Select this option if you know the cost will be impacted, but the amount is not know.
- No. Select this option if there is no impact to the cost.
- TBD. Select this option if you have yet to determine if there is a cost impact.
- N/A. Select this option if the cost impact is not applicable to this RFI.
Reference. An optional field that can serve as a helpful reference tag. Double-click to get a list of recently used references.
Private. Select Yes or No from the drop-down list. Yes indicates the RFI(s) will be marked Private. No indicates the RFI(s) will NOT be marked Private. For more information about privacy, hover your mouse cursor over the question mark icon (?) to view a tooltip.
Custom Fields. If a user with 'Admin' level permission on the RFIs tool has configured custom fields to appear in your RFIs tool, those will appear in the creation page as shown. See Configure Settings: RFIs.
- Click Update.
The system saves your changes.