Options that can be selected for the 'Spec Section' field in Procore tools come from spec sections that have been added for the project.
- The spec section options are sourced from the project's Specifications tool, unless the project doesn't have the tool enabled. For more information on enabling the Specifications tool, see Enable the Specifications Tool and Add and Remove Tools on a Project.
- For projects without the Specifications tool, spec sections are sourced from the project's Admin tool. See Add Spec Sections to the Admin Tool.
- If no options show in the Spec Section list, it means that no spec sections have been uploaded or added for the project. See Upload Specifications or Add Spec Sections to the Admin Tool.
Can I create a new spec section without uploading a file to Procore?
Yes. You can add a new spec section when creating or editing an item, such as an RFI.
If you want to create a new spec section manually, follow the steps below:
- When creating or editing an item, click the Spec Section drop-down menu.
- Click Create New Spec Section.
This opens the Create New Specification Section window.
- Enter a new Spec # and Description.
- Click Create Spec Section.
This creates a new spec section and adds it to the Specifications tool (or Admin tool if the project is not using the Specifications tool).
Important! Your new spec section will not be associated with a PDF until one is uploaded with a matching title and number. See Upload Specifications or Upload Specification Revisions.