A configurable fieldset is a group of fields in certain Procore tools that can be set to optional, required, or hidden, depending on the needs of your company. This allows for better control over data entry when users create and edit items in Procore projects. To configure fieldsets, you must have 'Admin' permissions to the Company Admin tool.
- You can configure fields for the Create and Update project pages. However, only one fieldset can be created, and it will be applied to all projects. See Create a Default Project Fieldset.
- Through configurable fieldsets, you can also create custom fields for certain tools in Procore to use on projects. See Create New Custom Fields.
- If a field that is not currently supported on the Procore mobile app is marked as 'Required,' the unsupported field will not appear on the mobile app and the item can still be submitted without the required field. Items created and edited on the web application will still require the 'Required' fieldset regardless of whether the field is supported on the mobile app.
See Create New Configurable Fieldsets OR click here to view the steps.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings', click the tool you want to create configurable fieldsets for.
- Click the Fieldsets tab.
Note: Tools without other settings in the Admin tool will open to this page automatically.
- Click Create New across from the section you want to configure fieldsets for.
- Enter a name for the fieldset.
- Click Create.
- Each field name has the following options:
Note: If you are unable to click on an option, this indicates it is a Procore default that cannot be modified.
- Click on the toggle switch to the ON position to make the field visible in the section.
- Click on the toggle switch to the OFF position to hide the field in the section.
- Mark the 'Required' checkbox to designate a field as required or optional.
A marked checkbox indicates that users will be required to complete the field in the section.
- Click Save.
- Optional: You can set any configurable fieldset as the default for new projects.
To set a fieldset as the default for new project, click Set as Default in the 'Default for New Projects' column.
The following Procore tools support configurable fieldsets:
|Tool||Fieldsets Available to Configure||List of Fields|
|Admin (Project level)||Project fieldset
Note: Only one fieldset can be configured for the project page and the configured fieldset will automatically apply to all projects.
|Which fields on the project page can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?|
|Correspondence||Correspondence Type fieldsets
Note: Each of your company's custom Correspondence Types will have its own fieldset.
|Which fields in the Correspondence tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?|
|Manpower Log, Notes Log, Daily Construction Report Log, Observed Weather Conditions, and Visitor Log fieldsets|
|Person and Company fieldsets|
|Documents (Project Documents)||Documents fieldsets
Note: Currently, the only changes available for a Documents fieldset are adding or removing custom fields.
|Which fields in the Documents tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?|
|Drawings||Drawing Revision fieldsets||Which fields in the Drawings tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?|
|Incident, Injury/Illness, Property Damage, Environmental, Near Miss, Witness Statement, and Action fieldsets|
Unassociated, Quality, Safety, Commissioning, and Environmental fieldsets
Commissioning, Environmental, Quality, Safety, Warranty, and Work to Complete fieldsets
|Punch Item fieldsets|
|Specifications||Specification Section Revision fieldsets||Which fields in the Specifications tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?|
|Submittals||Submittal Log fieldsets||Which fields in the Submittals tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?|
|T&M Tickets||General Information, Labor, Material, and Equipment fieldsets||Which fields in the T&M Tickets tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?|