To configure which fields on the Create and Update project pages are required, optional, or hidden.
Users with 'Admin' permission to the Company level Admin tool can designate certain fields for project creation as Required, Optional, or Hidden. This can be configured from the Fieldset tab in the Company level Admin tool, under Project Settings. See Which fields on the create or update project page can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permission on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Only one fieldset can be created per company for project fields.
- The fieldset will apply to all new and existing projects. It cannot be assigned to individual projects.
- If you want to configure fieldsets for specific tools, see What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Project Settings,' click Fieldset.
- Click Edit next to the fieldset you want to modify.
- Across from each field name you want to edit the configuration for, click one of the following options:
- Required: The field will be required.
- Optional: The field will be optional.
- Hidden: The field will be hidden.
- If a project is created from a project template that includes a value for a field that is 'Hidden,' then that value will not be added to the project.
- If you are unable to click an option, this indicates it is a Procore default that cannot be modified.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.