To create Timecard entries in the project's Daily Log tool.
While the Manpower section is used to track collaborators and external parties, the Timecard section is used to track the hours of internal workers. The Timecard section can track the hours each employee has worked, as well as whether or not those hours are billable. Data from this section is rolled up into the company's Timecard tool to show all Timecard entries for all projects within that company.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Daily Log tool.
Note: 'Standard' level users can only create entries for themselves.
- To add an entry, you must be marked as an employee of your company. See How do I add someone as an employee of my company?
- Navigate to the project's Daily Log tool.
- Scroll to the Timecard section.
- Enter the following information:
Employee: Select the employee for whom you are entering the timecard entry. This person must be in the project's Directory and marked as an employee of the company that owns the account. See How do I add someone as an employee of my company?
Cost Code: Select from the drop-down menu the cost code associated with the entry.
Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
Company Refunded Pay
Billable?: Mark the checkbox in this field if the hours are billable.
Hours: Enter in the total number of hours the resource was on sight.
Comments: Enter any comments that may help clarify the entry.
- Click Create.