To configure advanced settings for the Daily Log tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permission on the project's Daily Log tool.
- Navigate to the project's Daily Log tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click on the page you want to edit.
- Edit the following settings:
- Do Not Show Weather Data: Mark this checkbox if you do not want to view national weather service data.
- Default Manpower Log Hours: Enter a number to use for the default manpower log hours.
- Show Created By On Log Entries: Mark this checkbox to display who log entries were created by.
- Show Related To On Daily Log: Mark this checkbox if you want to create and display related items to daily log items.
- Show the Cost Code field on the Manpower Log: Mark the checkbox if you would like to have your team fill out the Cost Code field on the Manpower Log.
- Show the Trade field on the Manpower Log: Mark the checkbox for the client if they would like their team to fill out the Trade field on the Manpower log. See Add a Custom Trade.
- Default Distribution: Use the drop down pick list to add users to the Daily Log's default distribution list.
Daily Log Configuration
- Select which logs you want displayed in the Daily Log tool, as well as rearrange the order of the items by dragging and dropping them into the desired order. The top logs in this list will appear first, while the last logs in this list will appear last. See Daily Log Overview for a description of what each log can be used for.
- Allow Subcontractor Entry: Mark the 'Allow Collaborator Entry' checkbox next to Manpower, Notes, Delivery, and/or Construction Report logs to allow collaborators with granular permissions enabled to create entries for these logs.
To create a new manpower category for the Daily Log tool:
- On the Daily Log Settings page, scroll to the Manpower Categories area.
- Enter a name for your new manpower category in the New Manpower Category box.
For example, type "Electrical QC Inspector" or "Hydrotest Foreman" or "Leadman Scaffolder".
- Click Create.
This reveals the Editing Manpower Category page.
- If you want to create a color code for the category, enter an HTML color code in the box or click the desired color on the color wheel.
- If you want to associate one or more your vendor/company records with the manpower category, select the desired vendor(s) from the drop-down list.
- Click Save Changes.
You will be able to filter your results for these categories in the Daily Manpower Log Report.
- In the right pane, click the Permissions Table page.
This reveals the User Permissions for Daily Log table.
(Note: By default, user permissions are inherited from permission template assigned to the user during account creation. See Manage Permission Templates. You can grant or revoke user access to the tool by continuing with the next step.)
- Grant or revoke user access permissions as follows:
- To grant a user access permission to a tool, place a green checkmark () in the Read Only, Standard, or Admin column. The system automatically places a red checkmark () in the remaining columns.
- To revoke a user's access permission to the tool, place a green checkmark () in the None column. The system automatically places a red checkmark () in the remaining columns.
(Note: If an options are grayed out, that users permissions cannot be changed at the Project level.)
For a complete list of tasks associated with each permission level, see the Permissions Matrix