Many tools in the Procore web application incorporate an attachment viewer to provide users with the ability to upload file attachments associated with an item or object. For example, your project team might upload photos for your punch list items or to record an incident that occurred using the Daily Log tool's Accident Log. To learn more about the attachment viewer, see the Answer below.
If a digital image is in the JPEG or PNG file format and the file includes Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates, users can click the View in Google Maps button when viewing an attachment in the Procore web application.
- If the digital image does NOT contain GPS coordinates, the 'View Google Maps' button is grayed out and unavailable.
- Most smartphone cameras have a built-in GPS function. When you take a photo, the camera automatically captures the GPS coordinates of the location where the image was taken. To learn how to adjust the GPS function on a camera, refer to the camera manufacturer's documentation.
The GPS coordinates are mapped by a third-party tool. Procore is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of the mapping tool.
Supported Image File Formats
Available in these Procore Tools
The View in Google Maps button detailed above is available for use in these Procore tools:
- Coordination Issues
- Custom Tools (see Get Started with Custom Tools)
- Daily Log (see Create Accident Entries)
- Documents (see Company level Documents and Project level Documents)
- Company and Project level Equipment (Available only in Australia/New Zealand)
- Punch List