To view an incident in the Project level Incidents tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To view an incident not marked 'Private': 'Read only' or higher on the project's Incidents tool.
- Navigate to the Project level Incidents tool.
- Click View next to the incident you want to view.
- You will see the following information.
- Across the top of the page, you will see tabs that will link you to more information.
- In the right pane, you will see buttons indicating what action items are available for that item.
- Within the incident, you will see the following information:
- Creator Information: This section details the who created the incident in Procore, and when they created it.
- Incident Information: This section details the general information surrounding the incident including the location of the incident, when it happened, a description of the incident, and any attachments related to the incident.
- Incident Records: This section lists any records associated with the incident. Incident records are related records of injuries/illnesses, near misses, etc.
- Investigation: This section details any information related to an investigation around the incident.
- Witness Statements: This section details any witness statements about the incident.
- Click the Related Items tab at the top of the view page of the incident.
- This is a list of all related items added by the Incidents tool 'Admin' user. Click the links next to the description of the item to view the item in Procore.
- See Add a Related Item to an Incident.
- Click the Emails tab at the top of the view page of the incident.
- This is a log of all the emails that you have access to that were sent using the Email button.
- See Email Incidents.
- Click the Download Log tab at the top of the view page of the incident.
- This is a list of all the times the incident has been downloaded, when, and by whom.
- You need 'Admin' level permissions to see this tab.
- Click the Change History tab at the top of the view page of the incident.
- This is a list of all the times the incident has been edited or modified, when, by whom, and what the field was, and what it was changed to.
If you would like to learn more about Procore’s incident management software and how it can help your business, please visit our construction incidents software product page here.