To email incidents from the Incidents tool to those who need to be aware of the details of the incident.
The email functionality on the Incidents tool allows you to send the details of an incident to team members' email inbox. This might be helpful if team members would like a copy of the incidents outside of Procore or if you'd like to begin a private discussion about the incident with a single person or group of people.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' and 'Admin' level permissions on the Incidents tool.
- Navigate to the project level Incidents tool.
- Click View next to the incident you would like to email forward.
- Click the Email subtab.
- Click the Email button.
- Start typing in the "To" field, and click on the people to whom you would like to send the email.
- Include who you would like to CC.
Note: You (the creator of the email) will automatically be CC'd on the email.
- If you would like the email to only be accessible to people involved in the email and Incident 'Admin' users, mark the checkbox next to Private. If you want to allow all 'Admin' and 'Standard' level users to view the email correspondence in the Email subtab of the incident, uncheck the Private checkbox.
- The subject of the email is automatically populated with "FW: Incident: [incident #]: [title of incident]". You may edit this if you want.
- Attach any relevant files from your computer or from your files in Procore.
- Include a message in your email.
- Click Send.
Note: The email will be sent to all users in the "To" and "CC" field, and the email will be logged in the "Emails" subtab of the incident.