To view a punch list item's information.
Punch items are project-specific and will be listed in the project's Punch List tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To view a punch list item marked 'Private' and the contents of the 'Change History', 'Admin' level on the project's Punch List tool.
- To view a punch list assigned to a colleague who works for your company (including Punch List items marked as 'Private'), 'Read-Only' or 'Standard' permission on the project's Punch List tool and you must be granted the 'View Private Punch List Items Assigned to Users Within Same Company' granular permission. See "Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template" in the See Also section.
- If you are an Assignee and/or a member of the Distribution List, 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Punch List allows you to:
- Email and export a punch list item as a PDF.
- Respond to any punch list item to which you've been assigned.
- View the General, Related Items, and Emails tabs on punch list items.
Note: Private punch list items can also be made visible to 'Standard' users.
- For punch list items not marked 'Private', 'Read-only' level permission on the project's Punch List tool allows you to:
- View the General, Related Items, Emails, and Change History tabs of public punch list items.
- View punch list items marked 'Private' when you are a member of the item's Distribution List and/or granted the granular permission specified above.
- View the number of changes made to the punch list item.
Note: You cannot view the detailed changes in the punch list item or edit the punch list item.
- Navigate to the project's punch list tool.
- Click View next to the item you want to view.
General information about the punch list item is displayed within the General subtab, including:
- Item Information: This section provides an overview of the punch list item's details.
- COMING SOON! Item Workflow: This section displays the item's progress as well as the item's Creator, Punch Manager, and Ball in Court.
- COMING SOON! Assignee Responses: This section logs all Assignee responses, comments, and attachments related to the item.
- COMING SOON! Activity: This section provides a detailed historical record of all modifications made to the punch list item.
View and add related items to the punch list item from the Related Items subtab. If the related item is an item in Procore (observation, RFI, etc.) you will be able to view the item and all its information by clicking on the link in the "Description" column. To add a related item, click Edit.
Manage any emails related to this punch list item from this subtab. Each punch list item has a unique email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org) that can be used to send an email from your personal email client into Procore. For example, you might have an email thread in your personal email account that should be logged in Procore. In such cases, you might want to import that thread into Procore by simply forwarding an email to the related punch list item's unique email address. See "Email Punch List Items" in the See Also section below.
This tab shows a history log that summarizes all of the changes made to the punch list item throughout its lifecycle. The full change history in the Change History subtab is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permissions to the Punch List tool. 'Read-only' users can see how many changes were made to the tool, but they cannot view details about the actions performed.