To create punch item templates at the Project level.
If you're a Punch List tool Admin, you may find it useful to add custom punch item templates. Quick Punch allows Procore users to create a library of common punch items which can be organized into categories. Default trades and assignees can be assigned to these common punch items. When a Procore user creates a new punch item from a mobile device, they can select one of their templates which will auto-fill fields on the new punch item with default information from the template. Users can then add or edit information as needed, save the new punch item, and move on. This allows our users to select common punch items from their library and create new punch items with the minimum number of actions required, with the biggest action eliminated being typing.
In order to reduce the barrier to entry and accelerate adoption, Procore has provided a default library of common punch items for all companies. This default library can be modified by an Admin-level user to meet the specific needs of their company.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- Punch item templates created at the Project level will only be present on the indicated project.
- To manage punch item templates at the Company level so that the template will appear on all projects, see Create a Company Level Punch Item Template.
- Navigate to the project's Punch List tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click Punch List Templates.
- Scroll to the category under which you would like to create a template.
Note: If no categories are present, follow the steps in Create a Quick Punch Category on a Project.
- Enter the following information in the empty fields.
- Template Name: Enter the name of the template. This will populate in the subject of the punch list item.
- Default Trade: Select the trade that is associated with the type of punch list item.
- Default Assignee: Select the assignee that will most likely be responsible for resolving items like this.
- Active: Mark the checkbox if you want your team to leverage this template when creating punch list items on this project.