To view an observation in the Project level Observations tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Read only,' 'Standard,' or 'Admin' on the project's Observations tool.
- Navigate to the Project level Observations tool.
- Click View next to the observation you want to view.
- You will see the following information.
- Across the top of the page, you will see subtabs that will link you to more information.
- In the right pane, you will see buttons indicating what action items are available for that observation.
- Within the observation's General Information, you will see the following information.
- Type: The type will help you filter and report based on the type of observation. It will not have any effect on which fields will appear when creating an observation. See What are the default Observation types used for?
- Status: This is status of the observation.
- Initiated: When the creator creates the observation, it will be set to "initiated." This means that the observation has been established in Procore and is awaiting the assignee to respond.
- Ready for Review: Once the assignee has acted upon the observation (whether by fixing the deficiency, by addressing the safety issue, etc.), he or she will respond to the observation by changing the status to "Ready for Review." This notifies the creator via email that the observation is ready for the creator to review.
- Not Accepted: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as "Not Accepted." This means that the creator has deemed the work as not resolved. The observation is put back into the assignee's court.
- Closed: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as "Closed." This means that the creator has deemed the work as resolved and approved, and has closed out the item.
- Title: The title announces the general topic of the observation.
- #: The number of the observation will automatically populate with the next number based on the number of observations you and your team has created. You may edit this as needed.
- Priority: This will tell the responsible party how urgent the item is. This will not change how or where the observation will display.
- Location: This is the location the observation is found in. How do I add a multi-tiered location to an item?
- Trade: This signifies which trade is involved in resolving the observation. Trades are set at the Company level Admin tool under Trade Configuration. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Assignee: This is the user who will complete the work required from the observation.
(Note: This user must have 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Observations tool to respond or be set as an assignee.)
- Distribution: People on the distribution list receive update emails when the observation's status changes or when someone leaves a comment.
(Note: If there are people who you would like to always be on the distribution list for observations, you can add them to the default distribution list in the configuration settings.)
- Due Date: By default, the due date will be set with 7 days after the observation was created. This field is editable on the create and edit pages of the observation, and the default due date is editable on the configuration settings.
- Private: If checked, the observation will only be viewable by Observation 'Admin' users, the assignee, and the people on the distribution list.
- Description: This section details relevant information needed to report on or complete the work.
- Attachments: Click the link to download relevant information like a photo or a warranty document.
- Click the Related Items subtab at the top of the view page of the observation.
- This is a list of all related items added by the Observations tool 'Admin' user. Click the links next to the description of the item to view the item in Procore.
- See Add a Related Item to an Observation.
- Click the Emails subtab at the top of the view page of the observation.
- This is a log of all the emails that you have access to that were sent using the Email button.
- See Email Observations.
- Click the Change History subtab at the top of the view page of the observation.
- This is a list of all the times the observation has been edited or modified, when, by whom, and what the field was, and what it was changed to.