To edit information about an observation.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To edit any observation, 'Admin' on the project's Observations tool.
- To edit observations that you have created, 'Standard' on the project's Observations tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you create an observation without an assignee, no notification will be sent. If you edit the observation, add an assignee, and save, an email notification will be sent automatically.
- Navigate to the project's Observations tool.
- Click into an editable field and enter the updated information.
Click Edit next to the item you want to edit.
- Update any editable field. See Create an Observation for descriptions of each field.
Note: If you attempt to edit the Number field with a number that is assigned to an existing observation, you will receive a warning message upon clicking Update. You will not be able to update the observation until you select an unused number.
- Click Update to save your edits.