To change the status of an observation so that its creator knows that the work has been completed and is ready for review.
Once you have been assigned an observation, you will get an email containing all relevant details you will need to complete the work associated with resolving the issue. Once you have completed the work, you will log into Procore to change the status to 'Ready for Review,' telling the creator that he or she can now review the completed work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level Observations tool.
- The ball will shift to the assignee's court when the status of the observation is 'Initiated' or 'Not Accepted.'
- If you do not have enough information to complete the work outlined in the observation, you can Comment on an Observation requesting further information.
When the ball is in your court on a observation, you will get an email notifying that you are required to respond.
- From the email, click Link: View in Procore.
Note: You can also respond to an observation in Procore by navigating to the Observations tool and clicking View next to the Observation to which you want to respond.
- Once the observation is open Procore, respond to the item by clicking Change Status to notify the observation's creator that the work is ready for review. Additionally, you can Add a Comment without changing the status to provide or request additional details.
- Change the status to Ready for Review if the work is ready for the creator to review.
- Add optional comments to the comment field explaining how you resolved the item.
- Add optional files by clicking the Attach Files link and selecting files from your computer or Procore.
- Click Post to post your status change and send an email to the creator notifying them of your response.
- After the creator reviews your work, they will change the status to "Closed" if they have approved the work, and "Not Accepted" if they still consider the issue unresolved. In the event that the creator sets the status to "Not Accepted," you will be notified via email, and you will need to repeat the steps above as necessary.