Recording observation types allows you to easily filter the Observations log according to the type of observation you're looking for. It also lets responsible parties know what to expect when an observation is assigned to them.
IMPORTANT! It's important to note that these descriptions are neither fixed nor determine the intended use of each type of observation. Observation types can be used to fit your company's needs and be adapted to your company's glossary. You can also Add Custom Observation Types.
- Commissioning observations designate items that ensure that the project's mechanical, electrical, HVAC, fire protection, security, etc. equipment function properly before the project is cleared for general use.
- Quality observations designate items that ensure that the project is being build in accordance with the plans.
- Corrective Action: Designates items that need to be completed to correct or rectify an issue.
- Deficiency: Designates work that wasn't completed to processional standards or wasn't up to an acceptable level of quality.
- Non-conformants: Designates work that doesn't conform to the plans.
- Pre-punch: Designates punch list items that need to be fixed before the official punch list is created with the owner/architect.
- Safety observations designate instances of unsafe behavior or condition on the site that poses a risk to workers.
- Near Miss: Designates an action or condition that had the potential to result in a safety incident, but it was noticed before the incident occurred.
- Safety Hazard: Designates a hazardous condition that exists on site.
- Safety Notice: Designates a verbal or written warning given to a person or company because he or she was behaving in an unsafe way
- Safety Violation: Designates a behavior or negligence on the part of a person that violates safety policies or safety laws and regulations.
- Warranty observations designate instances where a vendor needs to come to the site and service or replace a piece of equipment as covered in the equipment's warranty.
- Work to Complete
- Work to Complete observations designate all instances of unfinished work that need to be completed before a certain date.