To view an RFI using the Project level RFI tool.
Any user with 'Read-Only' level permission or higher can view an RFI. However, what each user can see of an RFI depends on two things: (1) whether an RFI has been marked 'Private' and (2) that user's permission level on the RFIs tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level users can view and edit all RFIs, including ones that are marked as private. Only 'Admin' users can view the "Change History" subtab.
- 'Standard' level users can view the General, Related Items, and Emails sub tabs on RFIs for which they are designated as an approver or if they are included on the RFI's distribution list. They can also respond to any RFI that's been assigned to them, as well as email and export it as a PDF. Private RFIs can be made visible to 'Standard' users.
- 'Read-only' level users can view the General, Related Items, and Emails sub tabs of RFIs. They cannot see the Change Order sub tab.
- 'Read-only' will not be able to view RFIs that are marked private unless they are added to the distribution list. They will be able to view all "not-private" RFIs.
- 'Read-only' users cannot edit an RFI in any way.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
This reveals the RFIs page.
- Click the Items tab.
- In the Items view, choose from these options
The General tab stores information about the RFI.
In this tab, you can perform these tasks:
- To open any drawings that might be linked to the RFI, click the hyperlink next to the Linked Drawings label. See Link Related Items on a Drawing.
- To edit the RFI, click Edit. See Edit an RFI.
- To export the RFI, click PDF next to the 'Export Data As' label. See Export an RFI.
- To close the RFI, click Close RFI. See Close an RFI.
- To move the RFI to the Recycle Bin, click Delete. See Delete an RFI.
- To send the RFI to user by email, click Email. See View RFIs: Emails.
- If you are a user with 'Admin' level permission to the RFIs tool, you can also enter a response to the RFI the Reply box. See Respond to an RFI.
The Related Items tab lets you view and add related items and notes to an RFI. If the related item is stored in Procore (e.g., submittal, bid package, etc.) you will be able to view it and all its information by clicking the hyperlink Description column. If you want to add a new item, see Add a Related Item to an RFI.
Manage any emails related to this RFI from this subtab. Each RFI has a unique email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org) that can be used to send an email from your personal email client into Procore. For example, you might have an email thread in your personal email account that should be logged in Procore. In such cases, you might want to import that thread into Procore by simply forwarding an email to the related RFI's unique email address. See Email Forward an RFI.
The Change History subtab is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permissions to the RFIs tool. This tab shows a history log that summarizes all of the changes made to the RFI throughout its lifecycle.