To forward an RFI (as an email notification) from the Project level RFIs tool.
The built-in email functionality in the RFIs tool gives you the ability to forward an RFI to other project users by email. This gives those users the ability to view the RFI.
Important! If you want to forward an RFI to another user for the purpose of reviewing and submitting a response to the RFI, see Forward an RFI for Review.
For example, once an RFI is closed, you may need to notify additional parties, such as the responsible contractor (who may not have been notified when the RFI was closed), to inform them of the official answer/response to the RFI. The ability to email an RFI is a manual, on-demand action that you can perform, at your own discretion. For example, you may not want the responsible subcontractor to receive an automated email notification as soon as an RFI is closed because you do not want want them to make the incorrect assumption that the "answer" to the RFI or change in scope has already been approved.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level RFIs tool.
- Additional Information:
- Important! If you want to forward an RFI to another user for the purpose of reviewing and submitting a reply to an RFI, see Forward an RFI for Review.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
- Locate the desired RFI in the list. Then click View.
- Click the vertical ellipsis at the top of the page.
- Click Email.
- Set user access to the message as follows:
- To restrict access to this message, mark the Private checkbox. Private emails are only shown to recipients and the sender of the email.
- Add your desired recipients in the To, CC, or BCC fields.
Note: As the sender, your profile's email address is automatically added to the CC field.
- In the Subject box, accept the default subject line or write your own.
- In the Message box, type your desired message. This field corresponds to the body of the email message.
- Click the Attach Files button to attach any relevant files or items to the message.
- Click Send.