To edit a user in the Company Directory.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the Company Directory
- Additional Information:
- Any edits you make will be reflected in the user's Change History tab. The change history is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permission on the Company Directory. It is NOT visible to users who have been assigned the granular permission.
- If a user who has access to more than one (1) Procore company account has logged into Procore, you will not be able to change that user's email address. To learn more, see Can I change a person's email address in the Directory?
- User account cannot be deleted from the Company Directory. You can, however, inactivate the user's account. See Inactivate a Batch of User Accounts in the Company Directory.
- The Inactive Users tab is only visible and available to users with 'Admin' level permission.
- Navigate to the company's Directory tool.
- Locate the user record to modify. Then click Edit.
- (Optional) If the user is employed by or affiliated with a company, you can update the user's personal information with the information from the company by choosing the company in the Company Name selector and clicking Copy to Personal Information.
- Continue to update by typing over the existing information as follows:
- First Name. Change first name of the user.
- Last Name. Change the surname of the user.
- Initials. Modify the user's initials.
- Email Address. Revise the user's email address. This is the email address that emails from Procore are sent to.
Note: Updating this email address does NOT change the user's login ID. See Can I change a person's email address in the Directory?
- Address. If the user's office is in a location that is different from the company address, update the user's address here.
- City. Type the name of the city associated with the user's address.
- Country/State. Select the desired country and state from the drop-down list.
- ZIP. Enter the ZIP code in the text box.
- Business Phone. Update the user's business phone number.
- Business Fax. Update the user's fax number.
- Cell Phone. Update the user's mobile telephone number.
- Job Title. Update the user's job title.
- Tags/Keywords. Enter any tags and keywords as needed.
- Active? A checkmark in this box indicates that the user is active.
- Send This User Messages. Select 'Via Email' or 'Not at All' from the drop-down list.
- Is Employee Of
?. Place a checkmark if the user is an employee of your company. Leave the checkmark blank if the user is employed by another business entity.
- Is an Insurance Manager of
. If this user is also your company's Insurance Manager, place a checkmark in this box. To learn more, see Designate an Insurance Manager for Your Procore Company.
- Attachments. Click Attach File(s) or user a drag-and-drop operation to move file from a computer or network location into Procore.
- Continue editing the record as needed. For information about the available options, see Add a User Account to the Company Directory.
- Click Save.