To add a distribution group to the Company Directory.
A distribution group is a collection of users. In Procore, distribution groups give your end users an easy way to send email messages and notifications to members of the group, instead of having to add individual recipients to an email message or notification. Distribution groups can be created at either the Company or Project level. Once created, groups can then be added as recipients in the To, Cc, and other recipient fields in Procore's Company and/or Project level tools. For example, you might create distribution groups named ‘Owner/CM’, 'Foremen/Superintendents', or ‘Accounting’ to keep stakeholders informed of relevant Procore activities.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To add a distribution group, 'Admin' level permission on the company's Directory tool
- Additional Information:
- Many Procore clients prefer to create and manage distribution groups at the Company level. However, you can also create Project level Distribution Groups if desired. See Add a Distribution Group to the Project Directory.
- When you add a Company level Distribution Group to Procore, that group can be used in Procore's Project level tools. However, keep the following in mind:
- For a member of a Company level Distribution Group to be included on a Project level distribution, the member must be added to the Project Directory. For example, if you create a Company level Distribution group that contains five (5) subcontractors, but only two (2) of those subcontractors have been added to a project's Directory tool, only the names of the two (2) subcontractors will be populated as recipients when the Distribution Group is used at the Project level.
- A Company level Distribution Group only becomes visible on a project when at least one (1) member of the Company level distribution group has been added to the Project Directory (see Add a Person to the Project Directory).
- Navigate to the company's Directory tool.
This reveals the Company Directory page.
- Click Add Distribution Group.
This opens the 'Add a Distribution Group' page.
- In the Distribution Group Name box, enter the desired group name.
For example, you might want to create a distribution group that keeps your Accounting team informed of any issues that may have a financial impact.
- Click Create.
This reveals the 'Edit Distribution Group' page.
- In the Add a Person to <Distribution Group Name> box, enter the names of the contacts that you want to add to the group.
Note: When start typing a name, a list of possible matches will appear. You can select a match to add it to add that person to the group.
This adds the person to the distribution group.
- Click Update.
This saves the changes to the new distribution group and returns you to the Company Directory page. It also adds the Distribution Group to Procore, so when sending out communications from various Company level tools, your new group appears as a selection anywhere you can add recipients.
Below is an example on how the new Distribution Group would appear in the Recipients list of a custom report in being distributed by the Company level Reports tool (see Distribute a Custom Company Report).