To add a distribution group to the Company level Directory tool.
A Distribution Group is a list of email recipients that must be created in Procore's Company or Project Directory tool. It is similar in function to a Contacts Group in an email program and is NOT associated with any security settings.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add a distribution group, 'Admin' level permission on the Company level Directory tool
- Additional Information:
- Many Procore clients prefer to create and manage distribution groups at the Company level. However you also have the option of adding a group at the project level. See Add a Distribution Group to the Project Directory.
- When you add a Company level Distribution Group to Procore, that group can be used in Procore's Project level tools. However, keep the following in mind:
- For a member of a Company level Distribution Group to be included on a Project level distribution, the member must be added to the Project Directory. For example, if you create a Company level Distribution group that contains five (5) subcontractors, but only two (2) of those subcontractors have been added to a project's Directory tool, only the names of the two (2) subcontractors will be populated as recipients when the Distribution Group is used at the Project level.
- A Company level Distribution Group only becomes visible on a project when at least one (1) member of the Company level distribution group has been added to the Project Directory (see Add a User Account to the Project Directory).
Image content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the Company level Directory tool.
- Click Add Distribution Group.
This opens the 'Add a Distribution Group' window.
- In the 'Distribution Group Name' box, enter the desired group name.
- Click Create.
This reveals the 'Edit Distribution Group' page.
- In the Add a User to [Distribution Group Name] box, enter the names of the users that you want to add to the group.
Note: When you start typing a name, a list of possible matches will appear. Select each user you want to add to the distribution group.
- Click Update.
This saves the changes to the new distribution group and returns you to the Company Directory page.