To add a distribution group to the Company level Directory tool.
A distribution group is a list of email recipients that must be created in the Company or Project Directory tool. It is similar in function to a Contacts Group in an email program and it NOT associated with any security settings. Distribution groups can only be created and managed by users with 'Admin' level permission to the Company or Project Directory tool (see Add a Distribution Group to the Company Directory and Add a Distribution Group to the Project Directory).
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To add a distribution group, 'Admin' level permission on the company's Directory tool
- Additional Information:
- Many Procore clients prefer to create and manage distribution groups at the Company level. However you also have the option of adding a group at the project level. See Add a Distribution Group to the Project Directory.
- When you add a Company level Distribution Group to Procore, that group can be used in Procore's Project level tools. However, keep the following in mind:
- For a member of a Company level Distribution Group to be included on a Project level distribution, the member must be added to the Project Directory. For example, if you create a Company level Distribution group that contains five (5) subcontractors, but only two (2) of those subcontractors have been added to a project's Directory tool, only the names of the two (2) subcontractors will be populated as recipients when the Distribution Group is used at the Project level.
- A Company level Distribution Group only becomes visible on a project when at least one (1) member of the Company level distribution group has been added to the Project Directory (see Add a User Account to the Project Directory).
Image content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the company's Directory tool.
- Click Add Distribution Group.
This opens the 'Add a Distribution Group' window.
- In the 'Distribution Group Name' box, enter the desired group name.
- Click Create.
This reveals the 'Edit Distribution Group' page.
- In the Add a User to <Distribution Group Name> box, enter the names of the users that you want to add to the group.
Note: When you start typing a name, a list of possible matches will appear. Select each user you want to add to the distribution group.
- Click Update.
This saves the changes to the new distribution group and returns you to the Company Directory page.