Yes. If you are a user with 'Admin' level permission to the Company or Project level Directory tool, you can change the email address of a person in either the Company or Project Directory for your company's account. However, you cannot change the person's email address if the person has a user profile in your company's Procore account and another company's account.
Scenario 1: When the person only has access to one (1) Procore company account
In this scenario, let's say you are an administrator for a general contracting company and the person whose email address you want to change is an employee of your company. Since that person uses his or her login credentials only to sign into your company's Procore account, you are permitted to change their email address in either the Company or Project level Directory for your company account.
Scenario 2: When the person has has access to multiple Procore company accounts:
In this scenario, let's say the person is a vendor (i.e., a contractor or a subcontractor) who performs work for two (2) separate business entities and both of those entities have a separate Procore company account. If the person has logged into Procore and accessed either company account, you will not be permitted to change that user's email address. This is because the user's email address is associated with two company accounts and you do not have the authority to change a user's information for a separate business entity's Procore account. To learn more, see the questions and answers below.
How do I know if a person has access to multiple Procore company accounts?
When you attempt to change the email address for a person who has been invited to access to multiple Procore company accounts and that user has logged in to Procore, a black and white question mark (?) icon appears next to the person's email address field in the Company and Project Directory. When you hover the mouse cursor over the icon, the system will display the following error message:
How do I change the email address for a person who has access to multiple Procore company accounts?
You have two options:
- The user can log into Procore and change their email address in the 'My Settings' area of the Procore web application. This will change the email address at which you receive notifications from Procore. It does NOT change the email that you use to log in to Procore. For instructions, see Change Your Email Address in Procore.
- If you are a user with 'Admin' level permission to the Directory tool, you can create a new profile for the user that has a unique email address:
- First, deactivate the existing user profile from the Company level Directory tool. This removes the users access permission from your company's Procore account and any projects on which the user had access. See Deactivate a User on the Procore Account.
- Next, create a new user profile in the Company level Directory tool (see Add a Person to the Company Directory or Add a Person to the Project Directory). When adding the new profile, make sure to:
- Enter the desired email address for this person to use. This must be a unique email address (i.e., it must be a email address that is different from the one on the deactivated user profile).
- Place a checkmark in the 'Active' box on the user profile (this check box is located on the left side of the page in the 'Personal Information' area).
- Under 'Project Settings', add the desired projects to the user's profile. This provides the user with access permission to those projects.
- Inform the person that when performing work in Procore for your company's Procore account, he or she will always need to log into your company's Procore account using the unique email address that you specified in his or her new user profile.