Procore's App Management feature allows Procore company administrators to install and manage third-party applications, or Apps, on the Procore platform making them available for use in projects.
Types of Apps
The Procore platform supports different App types. At a basic level, Apps running on the Procore platform fall into two categories - embedded Apps and data connection Apps as described below.
- Embedded Apps - are launched from and display directly within the Procore web user interface. By eliminating the need to switch between Procore and external services and sites, embedded Apps provide a seamless experience for users and help improve efficiency and streamline workflows. Custom third-party Apps developed by Procore customers well as Marketplace Apps developed by Procore technology partners can take advantage of the embedded experience.
- Data Connection Apps - address the need to import, export, or sync data between Procore and external applications or services. Custom third-party Apps developed by Procore customers well as Marketplace Apps developed by Procore technology partners can be implemented and deployed as data connectors.
App Management in Procore
Embedded Apps and data connection Apps are managed in Procore using the App Management feature of the Procore Company Admin tool. Once a third-party App is installed in a company, Procore company administrators and project users can use App Management to perform a variety of tasks. With data connection Apps, company administrators can uninstall and reinstall Apps as well as view a graph showing the number of daily API requests made by the App. With embedded Apps, company administrators and project users have access to additional functionality including installing embedded Apps directly from the Procore Marketplace, installing custom embedded Apps, creating App configurations at the company and project levels, and more. App configurations provide a powerful and flexible way to manage Apps and how your organization consumes them.
App Management at the company level is accessed through the Company Admin tool (Portfolio > Core Tools > Admin > App Management). App Management at the project level is accessed using the 'Select an App' menu on the top navigation header (Select an App > Explore > App Management).
App Installation and Configuration
Before Procore company administrators project users delve into managing and using Apps, it is important to understand the architecture of App installation in Procore. The following diagram depicts how Apps are installed, configured, and launched in Procore.
- The Procore company administrator installs an App in their company account.
- An App can either be configured by an administrator at the company level for access by all users, or at the project level with customized project-specific settings. Project level configurations can also be applied globally to all active and future projects.
- For project level Apps, company administrators or project users are allowed to create App configurations and apply them to the projects.
- The same App may be configured differently in different projects.
- Procore end users access configured Apps by launching them directly from within Procore.
- What are App Configurations and how do I work with them?
- Install an App from the Procore Marketplace
- Install a Custom App
- Allow User Installs
- Launch an Embedded App in a Project
- Uninstall an App
- Reinstall an App
- Update an Installed App
- Create an App Configuration and Apply it to Projects
- View Projects with App Configurations
- Edit an App Configuration
- Delete an App Configuration
- View API Request Metrics