Procore's App Management feature allows Procore company administrators to install and manage third-party applications, or Apps, on the Procore platform making them available for use in projects.
Types of Apps
The Procore platform supports a number of different App types. At a basic level, Apps running on the Procore platform fall into two categories - embedded Apps and data connector Apps as described below.
- Embedded Apps - are launched from and display directly within the Procore web user interface. By eliminating the need to switch between Procore and external services and sites, embedded Apps provide a seamless experience for users and help improve efficiency and streamline workflows. Custom third-party Apps developed by Procore customers well as Marketplace Apps developed by Procore technology partners can take advantage of the embedded experience.
- Data Connector Apps - address the need to import, export, or sync data between Procore and external applications or services. Custom third-party Apps developed by Procore customers well as Marketplace Apps developed by Procore technology partners can be implemented and deployed as data connectors.
App Management in Procore
Embedded Apps and data connector Apps are managed in Procore using the App Management feature of the Procore Company Admin tool. Once a third-party App is installed in a company, Procore company administrators and project users can use App Management to perform a variety of tasks. With data connector Apps, company administrators can uninstall and reinstall Apps as well as view a graph showing the number of daily API requests made by the App. With embedded Apps, company administrators and project users have access to additional functionality including installing embedded Apps directly from the Procore App Marketplace, installing custom embedded Apps, creating App configurations and applying them to projects, and more. App configurations provide a powerful and flexible way to manage Apps and how your organization consumes them.
App Management at the company level is accessed through the Company Admin tool (Portfolio > Core Tools > Admin > App Management). App Management at the project level is accessed using the 'Select an App' menu on the top navigation header (Select an App > Explore > App Management).
Installation and Configuration of Embedded Apps
Before Procore company administrators project users delve into managing and using embedded Apps, it is important to understand the architecture of embedded App installation in Procore. The following diagram depicts how embedded Apps are installed, configured, and launched in Procore.
The illustration above shows that embedded Apps are installed at the company level in Procore and then configured at the project level. Procore company administrators first install an App for their entire company. Then, Procore company administrators or project users can create App configurations and apply them to the projects they want the App to be available in. It is important to note that the same embedded App may be configured differently in different projects. Furthermore, it is possible to apply different configurations of the same embedded App in a single company. Finally, Procore end users access configured embedded Apps by launching them directly from within Procore.
- What are App Configurations and how do I work with them?
- Install an App from the App Marketplace
- Install a Custom App
- Launch an Embedded App in a Project
- Uninstall an App
- Reinstall an App
- Update an Installed App
- Create an App Configuration and Apply it to Projects
- View Projects with App Configurations
- Edit an App Configuration
- Delete an App Configuration
- View API Request Metrics