To create a timesheet by replicating data from the previous timesheet you created.
When you are entering data for a timesheet, you may want to copy or clone the timesheet from the previous entry you created. For example, you could save time by copying the previous timesheet's information if the same crew is performing work for the same shift they completed the day before.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Copy from Previous in the right pane.
- Choose the Select Date. This is the date you want the timesheet created for.
- Click Add Employees to include additional employees that were not selected on the previous timesheet.
- Click Bulk Time Entry to apply the same information to multiple workers on the Timesheet. See Bulk Enter Time Entry for more information.
- Change any of the following information if desired:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Optional fields can be enabled/disabled in the Configure Settings. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- *Cost Code: Enter or Select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the time entry.
Note: If you are a Company Admin, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Set Default Cost Types.
- Location: Select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- *Start Time: Enter or Select the time the user began working.
- *Stop Time: Enter or Select the time the user stopped working.
Note: You will only see the Start and Stop fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. Select from the following options:
- The amount of time selected will be subtracted from the Total Time.
- This field will only be available if Start Time and Stop Time is enabled.
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
Note: If you are a Company Timecard Admin, you can add custom time types and/or exclude time types in this list. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timecard for more information.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Description: Click to enter additional comments to the time entry.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
- Click Submit. The timesheet is automatically copied over to the selected date.
A banner will appear at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.