To add your subcontractor's invoice contacts to a commitment contract.
An invoice is a bill that a service provider sends to a buyer to get paid. After receiving an invoice, a buyer typically reviews the invoice and if it is accurate and acceptable, the buyers pays it.
On a construction project, service providers are contractors who provide labor and materials to their clients. For example, if you are a general contractor, you would be considered a service provider by the project's owner. However, you might also be buying labor and materials from numerous service providers of your own who send you invoices to pay. For example, all the subcontractors and specialty contractors working on your project.
When you create a commitment for the job in Procore (see Create a Purchase Order or Create a Subcontract), you can designate one or more invoice contact(s) for each commitment. An invoice contact is the person who responsible for ensuring that an invoice is submitted to a buyer for payment. Typically, this will be a n employee of the service provider from which your team is purchasing labor or materials.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Commitments tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can add one or more invoice contacts to any commitment. See Create a Purchase Order or Create a Subcontract.
- Invoice contacts must have an active user profile in the Project Directory. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
- The 'Send This User Messages' setting must be enabled in the user's profile. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
- To receive email messages, the email address in the user's profile must be valid.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Under the Subcontractor tab, click the link in the Commitment column on the appropriate line item to select the contract that you want to add invoice contacts to.
- Click Edit.
- Make sure the appropriate company is selected in the Contact Company drop-down list.
- Select one or more users from the contract company from Invoice Contacts drop-down list.
To select an invoice contact from the 'Invoice Contacts' list, the following must be true:
- A 'Contract Company' must be set on the commitment. This populates the list with all of the user profiles that exist in the Company Directory. See Add a User Account to the Company Directory.
- To appear in the list as an invoice contact, that person must have a user profile added to the Project Directory. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
The invoice contact(s) that you designate here will be:
- Recipient(s) of the email invitations that you send. See Send Subcontractor Invoice Invitations.
- Recipient(s) of any automated email reminders sent by Procore about the subcontractor invoice. Messages are sent when:
- An invoice's or SSOV's status is updated to 'Revise & Resubmit.'
- A user with 'Admin' permission on the commitment clicks the 'Create & Email' or 'Save & Email' button on the General tab of the commitment.
- The 'Notify Subcontractors When Invoices Are Approved' setting is enabled in Invoicing Settings. See Configure Settings: Invoicing.
- Automatically added to the 'Private' drop-down list on the commitment.
- Automatically provided with permission to edit the Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV).
- Click Save.
- Add a Company to the Company Directory
- Add a User Account to the Project Directory
- Configure Settings: Invoicing