For Procore Customers in the United States
When your company applies the 'Owners English' or 'Specialty Contractors English' point-of-view dictionary, you'll see different tool names and term changes in the user interface. Learn how to apply the dictionary options.
- To learn the differences: Show/Hide
This table shows the differences in tool names (bold) and terms across the point-of-view dictionaries for Project Financials. These dictionaries are available in US English only. The default dictionary is designed for general contractors, which means that you will need to work with your Procore Administrator at your company and your Procore point of contact to access the other dictionary options.
English (United States) - Default
English (Owner Terminology V2)
English (Specialty Contractor Terminology)
Invoicing Invoicing Progress Billings Owner Funding Owner Owner/Client Owner/Client GC/Client Prime Contract Change Order Funding Change Order Client Contract Change Order Prime Contracts Funding Client Contracts Revenue Funding Revenue Subcontract Contract Subcontract Subcontractor Contractor Subcontractor Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV) Contractor Schedule of Values (CSOV) Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV)
To use the Invoicing tool to compile a PDF backup of one or more subcontractor invoice(s) with any PDF attachments as an invoice administrator.
An invoice backup lets you generate a PDF that contains a copy of a subcontractor invoice. You can also include any PDF attachments from that invoice. You can also compile backups in bulk. This saves time so you don't have to manually export multiple invoices or compile downloads into a single PDF. Instead, Procore does the work for you.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions
- Additional Information:
- You can compile subcontractor invoice backups only with the Invoicing tool.
- For successful invoice backups, keep all previously invoiced billing periods in the 'Billing Periods' table in the Closed status. Never delete a billing period after it's linked to an invoice. See Edit Billing Periods.
- If you are using the Procore + DocuSign© integration and the signature workflow is complete, all versions of the PDFs will include the DocuSign© version.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Under the Subcontractor tab, place checkmarks in the boxes that correspond to the invoices that you want to compile the backup for.
- Click Compile Invoice Backups.
An alert appears at the top of the page if the compilation is successful.
TipFor successful invoice backups, keep all previously invoiced billing periods in the 'Billing Periods' table in the Closed status. Never delete a billing period after it's linked to an invoice. See Edit Billing Periods.