To publish drawings uploaded to the project's Drawings tool.
After drawings have been uploaded and reviewed, they will be in “unpublished” status until they are published. Unpublished drawings are only visible to Drawings tool 'Admin' users, and do not update the Current Drawings. Additionally, drawings will not be visible on mobile devices until they have been published. After drawings have been published, they will be viewable to all users with access to the project's Drawings tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permissions on the Drawings tool.
- Additional Information:
- You might want to leave drawings unpublished if they require internal review before publishing, require pricing from subcontractors, or are otherwise sensitive drawings that you only want to expose to Drawings tool 'Admin' users.
- When you publish a newer revision of an obsolete drawing, the drawing will no longer be obsolete. The new revision will become part of the current set. When you publish an older revision of an obsolete drawing when backfilling, the drawing will stay obsolete.
- Drawing log subscribers will be sent a notification email after drawings have been published and distributed, and a push notification will appear on mobile devices for Procore users with push notifications enabled. See Enable Push Notifications for Drawings (iOS) and Configure Settings: Procore Android App.
- Important! Subscribed users will only receive notifications for drawings that are both published and distributed (i.e., the user publishing drawings must click "Publish & Distribute" instead of "Publish"). See Who receives a notification for updates in the Drawings tool?
After the results of auto-labeling/OCR are confirmed on a new drawing upload, the drawings will have an “unpublished” status until they are published. You will notice the following banner in the list page.
- Navigate to the Drawings tool.
- Click into the drawing set that contains the uploaded drawings.
- Click the Publish drop-down menu in the banner above the list.
- Click one of the following options:
- Click Publish & Distribute to publish the drawings and send a notification email and push notification to drawings log subscribers.
- Click Publish to publish the drawings without sending a notification email to drawings log subscribers.
- All of the drawings in the upload will be published and available to the team on mobile devices and on the web.