To set up the abbreviation mappings that are used to auto-fill drawing disciplines when uploading new drawings.
When you upload drawings into Procore, you may notice that the drawing discipline field is automatically pre-filled with the correct drawing discipline. (e.g., Architectural, Civil, Electrical, etc.) By default, there are several abbreviations that are mapped to the most common industry standard disciplines. However, you can customize the default abbreviation mappings or add custom ones, as needed, on a per project basis.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Drawings tool.
- Additional Information:
- Abbreviation mappings are project-specific settings and can be changed at any time, which will affect any newly uploaded drawings. Changes will not affect previously uploaded drawings.
- Abbreviation mappings are not case sensitive.
- Abbreviation mappings will only affect new drawings that uploaded into a project. If a drawing is a revision of a previously uploaded drawing, it will inherit the previous version's discipline.
- An abbreviation can only be mapped to a single drawing discipline.
- Add additional abbreviation mappings, as necessary. For example, if you want to use 'H' for "Hazardous Materials" instead of "HVAC" you can change the default abbreviation mapping from 'H' to 'HV' and then create a new discipline mapping for 'H' that maps to the "Hazardous Materials" discipline.
Default Drawing Discipline Abbreviation Mappings
- A - Architectural
- C - Civil
- E - Electrical
- F - Fire Protection
- G - General
- GA - Garage Architectural
- GE - Garage Electrical
- GM - Garage Mechanical
- GP - Garage Plumbing
- GS - Garage Structural
- H - HVAC
- I - Interior
- L - Landscape
- M - Mechanical
- P - Plumbing
- Q - Equipment
- R - Resource
- S - Structural
- T - Telecommunications
- X - Other
- Z - Contractor / Shop Drawings
- Navigate to your project's Drawings tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click Discipline Abbreviation Setup to navigate to the drawing discipline abbreviation setup page.
- Click on the discipline name or abbreviation to modify an existing entry.
Note: Click out of the field to save changes.
- To add a new abbreviation, enter an abbreviation and discipline name, then click +Add.
Note: Changes are automatically saved after this step.