To view the details of a purchase order using the project's Commitments tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Read-only' and higher on the project's Commitments tool.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Click View next to the Purchase Order you want to view.
- You can then view the following tabs:
View General Information
The General tab shows the following information about the purchase order:
- General Information. Under General Information, you can view information about the purchase order. This information is first added when you create a purchase order. See "Create a Purchase Order" in the See Also section below.
- Contract Dates. Shows the Date Created and Delivery Date associated with the purchase order.
- Additional Information. Shows the Payment Terms and Ship Via method.
- Contract Summary Report. In the Contract Summary Report, you can view amounts for: Original Contract, Approved Change Orders, Revised Contract, Pending Change Orders, Pending Revised Contract, Draft Change Orders, Invoices, Payments Issued, Percent Paid, and Remaining Balance Outstanding.
View Schedule of Values:
This tab displays the schedule of values for the purchase order, which list the cost codes, quantity, unit costs, subtotal, amount billed to date and remaining costs.
View Change Orders:
The Change Orders sub tab provides an overview of any change orders that have been created for that particular purchase order. You can view the status, the amount and due date for each change order. You can also export each change order to a PDF or CSV.
View Payments Issued:
This tab displays all payments that have been issued for the purchase order.
View Related Items:
This tab displays all items related to the purchase order. Related items can be manually added to each purchase order.
This tab displays all email communication associated with the subcontract.
View Change History:
The Change History tab outlines changes made to the purchase order, who performed the change, details of the change, from what it was changed from and what it was changed to, and the date and time of the change. Items in this history cannot be deleted.
Using Granular Permissions with Purchase Orders
You can grant granular permissions to users who are assigned to a permission template to allow those users to perform specific tasks on the Commitments tool. For more information, see Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template.
You can grant the following granular permissions for commitments:
- View Private Purchase Orders: Grants users the privilege to see purchase orders marked as private, without having to add them to the 'Private' drop-down. Users can also view information in the Change Orders tab on private purchase orders.
- View Private Subcontracts: Grants users the privilege to see subcontracts marked as private, without having to add them to the 'Private drop-down. Users can also view information in the Change Orders tab on private subcontracts.
- Create Purchase Order. Grants users the privilege to create purchase orders. See Create a Purchase Order.
- Create Subcontract. Grants users the privilege to create subcontracts. See Create a Subcontract.
- Update Purchase Order. Grants users the privilege to edit purchase orders. See Edit a Commitment.
- Update Subcontract. Grants users the privilege to edit subcontracts. See Edit a Commitment.