For Procore Customers in the United States
When your company applies the 'Owners English' or 'Specialty Contractors English' point-of-view dictionary, you'll see different tool names and term changes in the user interface. Learn how to apply the dictionary options.
- To learn the differences: Show/Hide
This table shows the differences in tool names (bold) and terms across the point-of-view dictionaries for Project Financials. These dictionaries are available in US English only. The default dictionary is designed for general contractors, which means that you will need to work with your Procore Administrator at your company and your Procore point of contact to access the other dictionary options.
English (United States) - Default
English (Owner Terminology V2)
English (Specialty Contractor Terminology)
Invoicing Invoicing Progress Billings Owner Funding Owner Owner/Client Owner/Client GC/Client Prime Contract Change Order Funding Change Order Client Contract Change Order Prime Contracts Funding Client Contracts Revenue Funding Revenue Subcontract Contract Subcontract Subcontractor Contractor Subcontractor Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV) Contractor Schedule of Values (CSOV) Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV)
To accept or decline an 'Invite to Bill' as an invoice contact.
After creating a new billing period, an invoice administrator can send an 'Invite to Bill to the invoice contact on a commitment. The invite reminds the contact to submit their invoice by the Open billing period's due date. The invite's subject line reads "Project Name: User Name has invited you to bill." Invoice contacts can either accept or decline the invite.
TipMissing your 'Invite to Bill'? Invoice contacts have permission to create new subcontractor invoices in Procore. See Create a Subcontractor Invoice.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- You must be an invoice contact on a commitment.
- Additional Information:
- Invoice contacts must log into the upstream collaborator's Procore account to view an invoice online.
- If the 'Due Date' on the billing period is in the past, invoice contacts cannot submit an invoice. An invoice administrator must Create an Subcontractor Invoice on Behalf of an Invoice Contact.
- If an invoice contact doesn't immediately create an invoice after accepting the invite, they retain the ability to Create a New Subcontractor Invoice as an Invoice Contact.
- Open your email Inbox.
- Look for the email message with the subject line, " "Project Name: User Name has invited you to bill."
- Open the invite to bill.
- Review the Invoice Details:
- Billing Period. The date range for the Open billing period.
- Invited By. The name of the sender. Typically, this is the invoice administrator.
- Due Date. The date your invoice is due. Invoice contacts cannot create or submit an invoice in the Procore project after this date.
- Respond to the Do you want to bill this period? prompt:
- Click Yes to accept the invite to bill and change the invoice's status to Accepted. Next, continue with the steps in Submit a New Invoice as an Invoice Contact.
- Click No if you don't want to submit an invoice for the Open billing period. The invoice's status changes to Declined.