To create RFQs (Request for Quote) to send to subcontractors for pricing.
Once you've created a change event, you can create RFQs for that change event to send to the affected subcontractors. Subcontractors can then add their quote for the change, which you can use to create change orders.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Change Events tool AND 'Admin' permissions on the Commitments tool.
- You must create a change event before you can create an RFQ. To learn how, see "Create a Change Event" in the See Also section below.
- RFQs will not be enabled on Change Events until a commitment of any status is in place.
- A user must have 'Standard 'permissions on the Commitments tool and must have access to that particular commitment in order to receive an RFQ by being selected from the "Private" drop-down for that commitment. The user must also be associated with the subcontracting company that is tied to the contract.
- Contact your Procore point of contact if RFQs are not visible and need to be enabled.
- Navigate to the project's Change Events tab.
- Select the change event line items you want to create RFQs for.
Note: You can only select line items within one change event to send RFQs.
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down menu, select Send RFQs.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Due Date: Select a date you wish the subcontractor to submit the RFQ by. The default due date is 7 calendar days after creation of the RFQ.
- Request Details: Enter in a message that will be displayed to the subcontractor who receives the request for quote.
- Distribution: Select users to be notified when RFQ responses are submitted. (Note: You can also set up a default distribution for RFQs within the Commitment Configure Settings; see in the See Also section below.) The RFQ creator will receive a notification when a RFQ response is submitted. List other users on your internal team who also need to be notified when a RFQ response is submitted. This list is not intended for external vendor (subcontractor) users.
- Attachments: Attach any related items to the RFQ from Procore or from your computer
- Select the contract company from the drop-down menu, the appropriate contract number, and recipients for that contract. If a vendor was already associated with the change event line item, that vendor will auto-populate in the drop-down. If there are no designated RFQ recipients, you can save the RFQ details but they will not be emailed (See "Assign a RFQ" in the See Also section below).
(Note: A user must have 'Standard 'permissions on the Commitments tool and must have access to that particular commitment in order to receive an RFQ by being selected from the "Private" drop-down for that commitment. The user must also be associated with the subcontracting company that is tied to the contract.)
- Click Create RFQs.
(Note: Individual emails requesting a quote for pricing are sent to each subcontractor.)