To assign a RFQ after you have already created the RFQ.
You can create a RFQ without any RFQ recipients. This will create the RFQ without distributing it to anyone, and allow you to use the RFQ as a placeholder to send to assignees at a later date.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Change Events tool AND 'Admin' permissions on the Commitments tool.
- A user must have 'Standard 'permissions on the Commitments tool and must have access to that particular commitment in order to receive a RFQ by being selected from the "Private" drop-down for that commitment. The user must also be associated with the subcontracting company that is tied to the contract.
- Contact your Procore point of contact if RFQs are not visible and need to be enabled.
- Navigate to the project's Change Events tool.
- In the change events table, click the status of the RFQ you want to add a recipient to.
- You will see a banner at the top of the RFQ's page informing you the RFQ has not been sent. Click add an assignee.
- On the Request for Quote General page, add an assignee to the Assignee drop-down menu.
Note: Assignees must be associated with the subcontracting company and must have access to the commitment (i.e. Standard access to the Commitment tool and selected in the Private drop-down on the commitment itself). See "Why am I unable to assign users to a RFQ?" in the See Also section below.
- Click Save & Send RFQ. The RFQ will be sent to those listed in the Assignees drop-down menu.