Requisitions allow subcontractors to progressively bill at several stages during the construction process, and these billings are based on a verified percentage of that commitment's completion.General contractors can configure billing period start and end dates, as well as the billing date, for each billing period. They can invite subcontractors to complete requisitions for the most recent billing period, or they can create requisitions on behalf of the subcontractor. Once the requisition has been approved, payment can be issued against the commitment.
Recommended Workflow for GCs
- Configure the advanced workflow in the Commitments tool to set up monthly billing periods and billing dates. You can also enable reminder emails for requisition invitations. See Configure Advanced Settings: Commitments.
- Create a billing distribution for requisitions for each commitment so you can select who you want to receive requisition invitations. See Create Requisition Invoice Contacts
- Create a billing period to send requisitions out for. See Start a New Billing Period and Send Requisition Emails.
- Send Requisition invitations to the billing distribution. See Start a New Billing Period and Send Requisition Emails.
- Subcontractors who were invited to create requisitions can do so by clicking the link in their invitation email. To edit their requisition, or create on their behalf, see Create a Requisition on Behalf of a Subcontractor.
Set Up Requisitions in Procore
Create and Submit Requisitions for Subcontractors
Create, Review, and Edit Requisitions for Contractors
Log Payments Issued for Requisitions for Contractors