After an invoice contact submits a subcontractor invoice, an invoice administrator must review your invoice before it is approved for payment. An invoice administrator is any Procore user who has been granted sufficient permissions to approve or reject your invoice's line items. For details, see Review a Subcontractor Invoice as an Admin.
As an invoice contact, you may have been granted sufficient access permissions to view the status of the individual line items after this review. For each line item on the invoice, you are informed of the status as follows:
- Lines with a green checkmark indicate the line item was Approved.
- Lines with a red x indicate the line item was Rejected. The invoice manager might also enter an explanation for the rejection in the 'Comments' column.
If a line item is rejected, the invoice's status is updated to 'Revise & Resubmit.' This allows the invoice contact to review the rejected line items on the invoice and adjust the values on those line items as needed.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To revise and resubmit a subcontractor invoice, 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool and you must be the designated 'Invoice Contact' on the commitment. See Add Invoice Contacts to a Purchase Order or Subcontract. This automatically adds you to the 'Private' drop-down list on the purchase order or subcontract.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Under the Contracts tab, locate the purchase order or subcontract. Then click View.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Locate the invoice to review. Click Edit.
- Review the invoices as follows:
- Items with a green checkmark to the left of the line show that the item has been approved.
- Items with a red x to the left of the line item mean that the line item has been rejected.
- The Comment column to the right shows any comments that have been added to the line item by the Admin user.
- Adjust your line item amounts as needed.
- Click Submit for Review.