To approve or reject the line items on a subcontractor invoice using the project's Commitments tool.
If you are responsible for managing your project's subcontractor invoices for accuracy, you can approve or reject individual line items on the invoice. In order to perform a review as an invoice administrator, your Procore user account must be assigned the required user permissions described below. After these permissions are assigned, you can then navigate to the invoice using either the project's Commitments tool or the project's Invoicing tool. This tutorial shows you how to review your project's invoices using the Commitments tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To review a subcontractor invoice as invoice administrator from the Commitments tool, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
- Additional Information:
- To review the status of the line item review as an 'Invoice Contact,' see Review a Subcontractor Invoice as an Invoice Contact.
- To learn how to review a subcontractor invoice from the project's Invoicing tool, see Review a Subcontractor Invoice as an Admin.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Click the Summary or Detailed tab.
- Locate the purchase order or subcontract associated with the invoice that you want to review. Then click View .
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Locate the invoice that you want to review. Then click Edit.
- Click Edit.
- Approve or reject the invoice as follows:
- Click to the left of the line item to approve the line item.
- Click to the left of the line item to reject the line item.
- If you reject a line item, you have the option to add comments to document your rejection reason.
- Rejection-related comments are NOT included in the automated email that is sent to the subcontractor.
- If you have enabled the Enable Subcontractor Proposed Amounts option in Commitment Settings, the 'Subcontractor Claimed This Period' column will appear on this screen. See Create a Payment Schedule.
- If you reject a line item, the Invoicing tool's export PDF includes a 'Reasons for Difference' table. This shows any comments entered detailing the rejection. See Export an Owner Invoice as a PDF, CSV, or PDF with Attachments
- While the 'Subcontractor Claimed This Period' column can reflect what a subcontractor submitted, an admin can adjust the 'Work Completed This Period' and 'Materials Presently Stored' columns separately to set the appropriate amounts.
- Click Save.
- In the Finish Review pop-up, you can update the status and add any additional comments. The status will default to Revise and Resubmit if there are any line items that have been rejected. If no line items have been rejected, the status will default to Under Review. Additional comments will be sent to any invoice contacts for the commitment if Revise and Resubmit is selected.