Phased Release: Modernized Subcontractor Invoice ExperienceThis page details the modernized subcontractor invoice experience.
Limited ReleaseThe Progress Billings tool is only available to Procore customers in the United States who have implemented the Procore for Specialty Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see (Limited Release) Owners & Specialty Contractors Point-of-View Dictionary Options.
To provide downstream collaborators with invoice submission rights in a Procore project, an invoice administrator can add an invoice contact to their commitment. If a collaborator has more than one commitment on your Procore project, administrators can add a different invoice contact to each commitment. Alternatively, your company's Procore Administrator can set a default invoice contact in the downstream collaborator's company record.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- You must be an invoice administrator.
- Additional Information:
- Subcontractor invoices originate in the Project level Commitments tool.
- Navigate to the project's Progress Billings tool.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- Locate the invoice to work with in the list. Then, click its Contract link to open the commitment contact.
- Click Edit.
- Under 'General Information', do the following:
- Make sure the correct company is selected in the Contract Company drop-down list.
- Select one or more individuals from the Invoice Contacts drop-down list. The users you select here are automatically added to the 'Private' drop-down list.
To select an invoice contact from the 'Invoice Contacts' list, the following must be true:
- A 'Contract Company' must be set on the commitment. This populates the list with all of the company profiles in the Company Directory. See Add a User Account to the Company Directory.
- To appear in 'Invoice Contacts' list, the user must be an employee of the selected 'Contract Company'. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
- Click Save.
- When does Procore send email notifications to invoice contacts? See Do invoice contacts receive emails from Procore?
- When does Procore send email notifications to members of the 'Invoice Distribution' list? Members added to the Commitment tool's 'Invoice Distribution' list (see Configure Settings: Commitments) receive notifications when:
- An invoice contact submits or resubmits a Subcontractor Schedule of Values. See How do I submit a Subcontractor Schedule of Values for a Procore commitment?
- An invoice administrator changes the status of the Subcontractor Schedule of Values from any status to 'Under Review.' See Review a Subcontractor SOV for a Commitment.