Limited ReleaseThe Progress Billings tool is only available to Procore customers in the United States who have implemented the Procore for Specialty Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see (Limited Release) Owners & Specialty Contractors Point-of-View Dictionary Options.
To edit the Subcontractor Schedule of Values on a commitment as an invoice contact from the Progress Billings tool.
In Procore, the 'Subcontractor SOV' tab is enabled on the Commitments tool by default. This tab provides your downstream contractors with a way to provide a detailed breakdown of specific work items on a commitment. This breakdown is entered by your contractors on a separate tab—to ensure the committed amounts on each line item on the subcontract's general 'Schedule of Values' tab remains consistent with the approved agreement.
Let's assume you are a general contractor and have a subcontract with 'ABC Concrete'. Before your company will approve payment for work items on that subcontract, you want the subcontractor to provide a line item breakdown of each cost code/cost type combination to describe their costs in more detail.
To do this, you can have Procore send an email notification to the designated 'Invoice Contact' on the commitment. This email asks their company to complete the Subcontractor SOV. After the subcontractor adds their detailed line item breakdown to demonstrate their labor costs, materials, or other costs associated with the work items, they can then submit the completed data entry back for your review.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor SOV tab of any contract, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor SOV tab of a specific contract, 'Read Only' level permissions or higher and you must be the commitment's designated invoice contact. To learn more, see What is an invoice contact?
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor SOV tab when a contract is not marked 'Private,' 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool with the 'Create Purchase Order Contract' granular permission and/or 'Create Work Order Contract' granular permission enabled on your permissions template.
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor SOV tab when a contract is marked 'Private,' 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool and added as an 'Invoice Contact' and as member 'Private' drop-down list with the 'Allow Users to See SOV Items' check box enabled on the purchase order or subcontract. For details, see Create a Commitment.
- The Subcontractor SOV tab is only supported by the Amount Based accounting method. It is not supported by the Unit-Quantity based accounting method. See How do I set the accounting method for a contract or funding?
- Only the detail line items added on the Subcontractor SOV tab will carry over to the invoice.
- Additional Information:
- To update a Subcontractor SOV, it must be in 'Draft' or 'Revise & Resubmit' status.
- You must add line items to the Subcontractor SOV before you create subcontractor invoices for the purchase order or subcontract.
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool: Show/Hide
- The Subcontractor SOV in Procore detailed below does NOT sync with the integrated ERP system.
- Only the general SOV on the commitment in Procore is synced with the integrated ERP system. See Add a Line Item to a Commitment's Schedule of Values.
- The purchase order or subcontract must be configured for the Amount Based accounting method See How do I set the accounting method for a contract or funding?
- The Subcontractor SOV tab must be enabled. See Enable or Disable the Subcontractor SOV Tab on a Commitment.
- The Subcontractor SOV must be in 'Draft' or 'Revise & Resubmit' status.
- Open the Subcontractor Schedule of Values from the Progress Billings Tool
- Update the Subcontractor Schedule of Values
Open the Subcontractor Schedule of Values from the Progress Billings Tool
Did you receive an email inviting you to provide a breakdown of your schedule of values on a commitment? If you are an invoice contact for the 'Contract Company' on a commitment contract, the company that you are performing work for may invite you to provide a detailed breakdown of the schedule of values on a commitment contract. To respond to that email instead of using the steps below, see How do I submit a Subcontractor Schedule of Values for a Procore commitment?
- Navigate to the project's Progress Billings tool.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- In the table, locate the invoice associated with the commitment.
- Click its Contract link to open it.
Update the Subcontractor Schedule of Values
If you are an invoice administrator (or an invoice contact who has been invited to update a Subcontractor SOV), you can perform these steps on the commitment contract.
- In the commitment, click the Subcontractor SOV tab.
NoteIf you do NOT see a 'Subcontractor SOV' tab on the commitment contract, a user with 'Admin' level permissions on the Commitments tool must enable it. See Add a Subcontractor SOV to a Commitment and Enable or Disable the Subcontractor SOV Tab on the Commitments Tool.
- Click Edit.
- Enter a detailed line-item breakdown in the Subcontractor SOV tab as follows:
- Click the +Add Line Item link.
- In the Description box add a detailed description of the work to complete.
- In the Amount box, add the specific amount for that work.
- Continue this step until the 'Remaining to Allocate' amount for that budget code and description reads $0.00.
- When you have allocated all of the amounts in the Subcontractor SOV tab, click the Submit button.
- The Submit button is dimmed and unavailable until the Remaining to Allocate fields in the Subcontractor SOV all read $0.00.
- After you click the button, Procore changes the status of the Subcontractor SOV to Under Review.
- You will NOT be able to edit your submission unless the invoice administrator changes the status of the Subcontractor SOV to Revise & Resubmit.