To approve a timesheet entry in the project's Timesheets tool.
Timesheets are designed to be filled out by a foreman or superintendent in the field. Once the timesheets are filled out, they generally need to be reviewed for accuracy (e.g. are the hours correct, is overtime being applied properly, is the time coded to the correct cost code) before being sent to accounting at the end of each week. This feature enables a supervisor to review and approve a timesheet submitted by a foreman for his crew(s) to ensure readiness for payroll and increase accountability with time entries.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permission on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Once a timesheet is created, the Status automatically defaults to 'Pending approval'.
- Once a timesheet has been 'Approved', it locks and will need to be "Unapproved" in order to be edited.
- If a timecard entry was created outside of the Timesheets tool, (e.g. in the Daily Log or Company Timecard tools) the option to 'Approve' that timecard entry will NOT be available.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Locate your desired timesheet.
- If a date is not selected, all timesheets will be listed.
- You can select a date range in order to see all timesheets for a certain time period.
- Click Approve.
The timesheet status is set to 'Approved' and locks.
Note: The timesheet will become editable once the timesheet is "unapproved" and the status changes to 'Pending approval'.