To use the search and filter options to locate items in the project's Submittals tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Read-only' level permissions or higher on the project's Submittals tool.
- The system shows the most relevant matches at the top of the search results.
- Search settings are NOT 'sticky'.
- Preferences are remembered on a per-project basis. If you are working with the Submittals tool on multiple projects, each project will remember your last used filter preference for that project.
- Filter options are 'sticky'. After applying a filter using the project's Submittals tool, the tool will remember your last used preference, so that the next time you visit the Submittals tool, those same preferences are applied to the log. See Which filters are 'sticky' in the Submittals tool?
- Additional Information:
- When you first open a tab (e.g., Items, Packages), the system's focus is placed on the search field.
To perform the follow tasks, see:
- Search for Keywords or Phrases
- Apply Filters to the Submittals Log
- Clear the Search and Filter Criteria
Search for Keywords or Phrases
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
This reveals the Items view of the Submittals page.
Note: If you want to change the view, see Switch Between Submittals Views.
- Type a keyword or phrase in the Search box. Then click the magnifying glass to initiate the search.
Enter a search term. You can enter a full or partial word to search for a title match.
- Submittal Number
Enter a full or partial number, including the spec section number.
Note: If you have disabled the 'Number Submittals by Spec Section' feature on the project (see Request to Disable Number Submittals by Spec Section), spec section number entry is not supported.
- Package Number
Enter a full or partial submittal package number.
- Package Title
Enter a full or partial submittal package title.
- Spec Section
Enter a full or partial spec section number or description.
- Revision Number
Enter a number.
- Items View
Apply Filters to the Submittals Log
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
This reveals the Submittals page. To change views, see Switch Between Submittals Views.
Select one or more filters from the Add Filter drop-down list.
This narrows the items in view by the specified filter(s). Available filters include:
- Response. This reveals a list of submittal responses. You can mark one or more checkboxes. See Create Custom Submittal Responses.
- Status. This reveals a list of status (e.g., Open, Draft, and Closed). You can mark one or more checkboxes.
- Type. This reveals a list of types (e.g., Documents, Drawing, Plans, Prints, and so on).
- Approvers.This reveals a list of approvers who are named your the 'submittal workflow' for your submittals. You can mark one or more checkboxes.
- Ball In Court. This reveals a list of any individuals who are currently designated as the 'Ball In Court' person on your submittals. You can mark one or more checkboxes.
- Location. Select Location from the drop-down list. Then, you have these options to narrow your selection to specific sub-locations:
- If you want to include the project's sub-locations in your search, mark the Include Sub-locations checkbox. To ignore sub-locations, remove the checkmark. See How do I filter by multi-tiered locations?
- If you want to include only a specific location (or locations) in your search, mark the corresponding checkboxes.
Note: For the checkboxes above to appear as selections, at least one (1) submittal on your project must be associated with a sub-location.
- Only show most current revisions. Mark the Yes checkbox to restrict the items in view to only the most current revision of each submittal.
- Received From. This reveals a list of individuals from whom you've received submittal information. You can mark one or more checkboxes.
- Responsible Contractor. This reveals a list of companies/vendors that have been named as the Responsible Contractor on your submittals. You can mark one or more checkboxes.
- Submittal Manager. This reveals a list of individuals who have been named as a submittal manager.
- Division. This reveals a list of divisions. A division is a grouping of cost codes. You can mark one or more checkboxes.
- Spec Section. This reveals a list of sections from your project's spec book. You can mark one or more checkboxes.
- If you would like to delete a filter setting, hover over the parameter and click the X to the left of it.
Clear the Search and Filter Criteria
To clear all of the search and filter criteria, click Clear All.