To create custom submittal types using the Admin tool so they are available to users as 'Type' selections when creating submittal items using a project's Submittals tool.
When creating a submittal with the Submittals tool, you can choose from one of Procore's default submittal type selections. However, a user with 'Admin' level permissions to the Admin tool can also create custom submittal types that will appear in the Type drop-down list in the Submittals tool. This gives users the ability to classify submittals using terminology that is appropriate to your business. Examples of types include: Document, Plans, Prints, and Product Manual, and so on.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create custom submittal types, 'Admin' level permissions for the Company level Admin tool.
- To use custom submittal types, 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions for the Project level Submittals tool.
- Default Submittal Types:
The default submittal types in Procore are Document, Plans, Prints, Product Information, Product Manual, Sample, Shop Drawing, and Other.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Submittals Configuration.
This reveals the Submittals Configuration page.
- Under Custom Submittal Types, do the following:
Name. Enter a name for the submittal type in the box provided.
Create. Click this button to add the new item to the list.