To view a specification in the Project level Specifications tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Read only,' 'Standard,' or 'Admin' on the project's Specifications tool.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
View a Spec Section
- Navigate to the project's Specification tool.
- In the Current Specifications page, locate the desired spec section.
- Click Info to reveal general information about the spec section and any revisions.
Note: To open the actual file of the spec section in Procore's PDF viewer, see Open Specifications.
- By default, the General subtab appears. You can also click a subtab below for more information:
The General subtab lets you view basic information about specifications.
Note: If the specification is not in the current set, you will see a banner above this page that notifies the user that the specification is not current.
- Number: The spec section number found in the spec book.
- Revision: The current revision number of the spec book. By default, Procore assigns the first revision number as 0 and subsequent revisions as 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Note: The revision number ordering scheme depends on the project's configuration settings. To view revision details, see Specification Section Revisions.
- Issued Date: The date that the spec section was issued for the project by the design team.
- Set: The set the spec section was originally added to when Uploading Specifications. This field is not editable.
- Description: The title of the spec section found in the spec book.
- Division: The division the spec section is within.
- Received Date: The date the spec section was received by the GC, company, or project team.
Specification Section Revisions
The Specification Section Revisions area summarizes revision details. For each revision, the table references the issue date, the received date, and the set to which it belongs.
Click the Download Log subtab to view details about spec section downloads. It shows the number of times the spec section was downloaded, when the download occurred, and by whom. To view this tab, you must have 'Admin' level permissions to the project's Specifications tool.
Click the Related Items subtab to view a list of all related items added by the Specification administrator (see Add a Related Item to a Specification). To view more detail about an item, click the link next to the desired description.
Click the Emails subtab to view the email history for the spec section. See Email Specifications.
Click the Change History subtab to view a historical summary of spec section modifications. It shows the date and time of each change and who made the change. It also shows the original value (changed from) and new value (changed to), if applicable.
- See Manage Specification Log for information on actions accomplished at the log page including the following: