To add a related item to a specification in order to provide additional context for reference purposes.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Specifications tool.
- Additional Information:
- Only one related item can be added at a time. Repeat the process to add additional items, as necessary.
- Only items that already exist in Procore can be selected. Attachments cannot be directly added as a related item.
- Most items in Procore can be attached as a related item. If a specific item type does not appear as a selectable option, this means it cannot be attached as a related item.
- After a related item is added, a link shows in the Description column. Users can only view and open related items that they have access to.
- Navigate to the project's Specifications tool.
- Click Info next to the specification you want to edit.
- Click the Related Items tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Select an Item drop-down menu and select the type of item you want to add as a related item.
- After you choose an item type, a drop-down menu under the 'Description' column populates with selectable items in your project.
Select one of these items.
- The 'Date' field is automatically populated with the date that the item was originally created in Procore.
- Optional: Add any notes related to the item. Notes will be visible to other users with 'Read Only' permissions or higher on the Specifications tool.
- Click the + Add button.
- To add additional related items, repeat steps 5-9.
- Click Save.
Note: To view a related item that was created, click View next to the relevant specification and click the Related Items tab.