To prevent an uploaded specification from being added to a project's specification set by deleting or removing it during the specification review process.
When you upload a PDF of a project's specifications (aka "spec book"), Procore uses OCR technology to automatically split up the long PDF into more granular specification section sheets that can easily be referenced by other project assets (e.g. RFIs). However, you may not want to publish the entire spec book at the same time. For example, you may want to prevent certain sections from being added to the current spec book because they are irrelevant, duplicates, older revisions, or incorrectly named. In such cases, you can choose to review and publish the spec sheets that you want to add to the project's Specifications tool at the current time and cancel the rest of the unpublished spec sheets. For example, maybe you only want to upload a revision for a specific spec section. Additionally, if it's a long specification set, you can always return to the review process at a later time.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Specifications tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you delete a pending specification, it will not be published to the current specification set. However, you can always upload it again at a later time.
- When you delete a specification during the review process, you will delete any remaining, unpublished specifications. Any specifications that were previously published have already been added to the project's specification set and will not be deleted.
- Navigate to the project's Specifications tool.
- Click the X icon within the upload box.
Note: Only the remaining pending spec sheets will be deleted and excluded from the specification set. Any spec sheets that were previously published prior to this delete action have already been published to the designated specification set and will not be removed.
- Confirm that you would like to delete all remaining (unpublished) specifications.