Mark Specifications as Obsolete
To mark spec sections as obsolete instead of deleting them from the Specifications tool.
Marking a spec section as obsolete allows users to signify that certain spec sections in their project are out of date or otherwise not relevant to the project's current set.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Specifications tool.
- Additional Information:
- When a spec section is marked as obsolete, you will still be able to reference it, but it will no longer be visible in your project's current set.
- Navigate to your project's Specifications tool.
- Click Info next to the spec section you want to mark as obsolete.
- In the General Information section, click Edit.
- Mark the checkbox next to Mark Obsolete.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to mark the specification as obsolete.
- Click Save.
- The spec section will no longer appear in your Current Set of Specifications.
- The obsolete spec section will appear as gray and in italics in the spec section log.
- You can still access the spec section by viewing the 'All Revisions' specification report. See View a Report of All Specification Revisions.
To Unmark a Spec Section as Obsolete
- Navigate back to the Specifications tool.
- Click the set the spec section was uploaded into in the filter settings at the top of the page.
- Click the spec section revision number to view the obsolete spec section.
Note: The obsolete spec section will appear as gray and in italics in the spec section log.
- Click the Edit button under the spec section.
- Clear the checkbox next to the 'Spec Section Obsolete' option.
- Click Save.
Note: The spec section will now appear in the spec section set into which it was originally uploaded.