To add or delete classification names from the Company level Admin tool.
A classification is a way for your company to categorize your employees. To provide your company with flexibility, you can create a customized classification list that suits your businesses specific needs in the Company level Admin tool. After creating a classification, you can assign them to your employee's user accounts in Procore's Directory tools. You can also view those classifications with your employee and worker time entries in the Timecard tool, Timesheets tool, and Timecards section of the Daily Log tool.
- You might want your classifications to reflect roles in the building trades, such as Bricklayer, Electrician, and so on.
- You might want your classifications to reflect a rank in a trade, such as Apprentice, Journeyman, and so on.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Company Settings', click Classifications.
- Complete the following:
- Classifications. Enter a name for the new classification.
- Class Code. Enter a wage code, class code, or craft code that matches to the wage rates in your payroll system.
- Click the Add icon to add the new classification to the list.
- If you plan to enable the 'Classification' column in the Timesheets tool (see Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets), assign a classification to your employee's user accounts before creating new time entries. For more information, see Add a User Account to the Company Directory and Add a User Account to the Project Directory.